November 21, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 24th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Improved handling of spell checker.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Fixed translatable strings, thanks to Balazs Ur (PR#1834).
- Added new support data plugins for additional UI stats.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#13108 – Debugger only shows information if HTTP response was 20x.
- Bug#13281 – Not possible to add more than 4000 character in ticket notification texts.
- Bug#12392 – [thirdparty] gnupg 2.1 not working.
- Bug#13206 – Dashboard does not detect expired sessions.
- Bug#11165 – Agent list for Owner and Responsible fields in bulk screen is different.
- Bug#13130 – Broken From-Header in auto response.
- Bug#13241 – Index for fulltext search not created when body empty or contains only stopwords.
- Bug#13142 – Error The given param ‚QueueIDs‘ is invalid or an empty array reference!.
- Bug#13061 – PGP Agent Notification with expired certificate results in unencrypted message.
- Bug#13162 – In the settings of Agent’s personal profile drop down field of „Screen after new ticket“ view is in English.
- Bug#13167 – Unnecessary error message for invalid month in SysConfig.
- Bug#13222 – Missing QueueID in AgentTicketPhone causes ACL error during the creation of a ticket.
- Bug#13212 – Queue filter in dashboard not working for „Tickets in My Queues“.
- Bug#13244 – Visibility issues when hovering over „No data found.“ row.
- Bug#12832 – Sort options for SOAP will not be saved.
- Bug#11208 – OTRS installer.pl does not allow installing on MyISAM MySQL.
- Bug#13200 – URL is incorrectly quoted in package manager message.
- Bug#13032 – Search window closes on outside click.
- Bug#13092 – ChangeTime of target ticket not updated on ticket merge.
- Bug#13204 – Error when copying ACL.
- Bug#13178 – Freely selectable feature package list does not honor user language.
- Bug#12957 – SMTPS and SMTPTLS sending mail doesn’t work on Ubuntu Server 16.04.2 LTS.
- Bug#13205(PR#1849) – No TreeView Queue selection in AgentTicketActionCommon after AjaxUpdate, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#13100 – Ticket move action in ticket overview screens is not modernized.
- Bug#13010 – ACL does not trigger on a change of a dynamic field checkbox.
- Bug#13152 – TicketCreate log entry if Service is used for unknown customer.
- Bug#12858 – Daemon duplicate task identifiers.
- Bug#13173 – Not needed mandatory stats object module function in ‚ObjectModuleCheck‘.
- Follow-up for Bug#13083 – OTRS Business Solution Logout Logo is OTRSFree.
- Bug#13151 – Can’t switch between mobil and desktop mode when Secure::DisableBanner.
- Bug#13164 – Certain AJAX Error Types are still unprocessed.
- Bug#13086 – Owner is resetted in AgentTicketFreeText if moved to another queue.
- Bug#13088 – EscalationTime shows in seconds in CSV export.
- Bug#13035 – OTRS notification option for OTRS Business Solution™ Feature are shown in the free.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_24/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: