August 23, 2019 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the first release of the OTRS 6 Patch Level 21.
New Features in ((OTRS)) Community Edition 6
- Implemented proper time zone support. Time zones can be configured system wide and also on a per-user basis.
- Improvements to ticket handling
- Added possibility to store unfinished ticket forms as drafts for later reuse
- Completely revamped ticket zoom screen, with a fresh new design with an accent on content. User avatars have been introduced as a visual aid for easier identification of the article sender. Article display settings are now displayed in a settings dialog.
- Dropped dubious and somewhat confusing article types, and introduced the concept of communication channels as the source for ticket articles (e.g. Email, Phone, Chat, etc). Customer visibility of articles can now be determined by a simple checkbox.
- Improved AgentTicketHistory screen usability.
- Merged the add-on module OTRSAdvancedTicketSplit. Now it’s possible to select to which kind of ticket an article should be split: phone (default), email or process ticket. For process tickets, additional selection of specific process will be provided. However, only those fields which are configured in the first activity dialog will be adopted from original ticket.
- Added support for ticket number and title search in ticket merge and bulk screens. Autocomplete list can be used to populate the ticket number field with a single click, therefore speeding up the process and limiting room for error. In the ticket merge screen, there is also a CustomeriD search filter option, which will limit the results to tickets belonging to the same customer company as the source ticket.
- Split last sender and ticket title columns in ticket overviews.
- It’s now possible to access all supported article actions directly from large ticket overview screen.
- Ticket search and statistic can now filter for pending until time.
- Added possibility to restrict zoom and print screens in the customer interface by using ACLs.
- The used search template is now shown on the ticket search result screen.
- Added possibility to automatically lock new tickets to the agent who creates them.
- Added possibility to send notifications to the agent who created a ticket, thanks to Dian Tong Software.
- Make it possible to configure which ticket state types to show striked through in the linked objects table, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Made possible to define ServiceIDs and SLAIDs as default shown ticket search attributes, thanks to Paweł Bogusławski.
- Merged the add-on module OTRSTicketCloseRedirect. It is now possible by a new SysConfig setting to stay in Ticket Zoom after an action that closes the ticket instead of being redirected to the last overview screen or dashboard. This is now controlled by the new SysConfig setting „Ticket::Frontend::RedirectAfterCloseDisabled“.
- Merged the add-on module OTRSUserDefaultQueue, With a new SysConfig setting now it is possible to pre-select a queue to create a ticket in the New Phone, Email, and Process ticket scr
- Improvements for working with customers
- Added dynamic field support for customer users and customers. This makes it possible to attach additional data fields to customer users and customers (companies) without making manual changes to the database.
- Modernized the OTRS address book. It is now possible to search for all configured custom user and customer fields.
- Added the Customer User Information Center front end. This works like the existing Customer Information Center but focuses on all data of one particular customer user, rather than a complete customer (company).
- Improved the selection of customers in various screens by adding autocomplete fields.
- Added support for proper Chinese name formatting, thanks to Dian Tong Software.
- Custom spell checker was removed in favor of using the built-in spell checker features of the different browsers.
- Email articles now support display of their transmission status in the agent zoom screen. Messages with errors will be flagged as such, and automatic notifications will be triggered for relevant agents. Useful email resend screen can be used to resend failed messages.
- Added option for dashboard widgets to mark them as mandatory. With this feature, administrators have the ability to configure dashboard widgets that can’t be disabled by the agents individually.
2. USABILITY & ACCESSIBILITY
- Added drag & drop multi file upload for agent and customer interface.
- Added a high contrast skin for visually impaired agents.
3. SCALABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- Improved session storage to no longer include permission information. This should result in significant performance gains for systems with many agents and groups.
- Moved ticket number counter from the
TicketCounter.logfile to the database. This allows OTRS to process incoming e-mails much faster and in parallel.
- Improved web upload cache performance, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
- Improved Generic Agent performance at deleting old execution times. Thanks to Moritz Lenz @ noris networks!
- Made bcrypt cost configurable for agent and customer password hashing, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
4. WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- Web service improvements
- Added support for additional response headers in REST and SOAP provider configuration.
- Added possibility to filter for events before calling Invokers
- Added the possibility to include the ticket data in web service response data.
- Added automatic cleanup of old web service debug log information.
- Added new operations
- Updated default web service configurations.
- Improved Authentication, Proxy and SSL handling in SOAP and REST transport.
- Improved usability of debugger.
- Added SOAPAction naming flexibility.
- Improved SOAP output generation.
- Prevent usage of invalid web services in provider.
- Globally changed wording from ‚webservice‘ to ‚web service‘.
- Added error handling to the Generic Interface.
- Improved XSLT mapping functionality.
- Email improvements
- Added possibility to configure default headers for outgoing emails (Sendmail::DefaultHeaders), thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Added possibility to use multiple named captures in Postmaster filters, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Added possibility to set the ticket title in Postmaster filters, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Add support for setting owner and responsible via filter also for follow-ups, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Make it possible to re-enable auto responses from Postmaster filters by setting X-OTRS-Loop to no/false, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
- All email communication is now being queued for sending and handled by dedicated scheduled daemon task. In case of errors, multiple retries will be scheduled, in order to alleviate temporary problems.
- Added possibility to add an external link to the action menu in
AgentTicketZoom, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
5. INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Renewed system configuration mechanism including a totally new graphical user interface.
- Added possibility to review changes before they are effective
- Exclusively edit settings, so other administrators cannot change the same setting at the same time.
- Added possibility to define favorite settings for quick access.
- Added new console commands to display and update setting values (Maint::Config::Dump and Maint::Config::Rebuild).
- Added possibility to distribute configuration states to all nodes in a cluster environment.
- Renewed main administration screen.
- Added SHA-512 as new password digest method to agent and customer authentication.
- Added support for multi-tiered customer and customer user relationships.
- Added the possibility to use the autocomplete search for the customer ID selection in the user management frontend.
- Improved command Maint::Ticket::InvalidUserCleanup. It can now both unlock tickets of invalid users and also (optionally) change their state to make sure they will not be overlooked.
- Thanks to Moritz Lenz @ noris networks!
- Added per-address email loop protection configuration (PostmasterMaxEmailsPerAddress), thanks to Moritz Lenz.
- Added console command to list configured queues, thanks to Martin Burggraf.
- Added completely new log mechanism for email communications. The dashboard-like display allows administrators to quickly see what might be wrong in their system regarding receiving and sending emails. Account overview can be used to determine which email accounts might be having issues and why. Detailed logging should help to figure out how an email was processed by the system before ending up in a specific ticket.
- Added a new mechanism to autoload Perl files to override existing functionality from custom packages.
- Make it possible to search for empty dynamic fields via the TicketSearch API (also via GenericInterface), thanks to Rolf Schmidt and Moritz Lenz.
- Modularized AgentTicketZoom with a small widget system. It is now possible to add custom widgets without changing the existing files. Thanks to Moritz Lenz @ noris networks!
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added colorization of weekends in calendars.
- Additional recipient email addresses in notification events are correctly separated on send to prevent information leakage.
- Added improvements for user module regarding the LDAP auth synchronization.
- Bug#14694 – Multiple emails are sent out by one action. A regression was introduced in a previous bugfix in OTRS 6.0.7, that resulted in an errant submit handler which would result in multiple instances of the same article in case the recipient field was entered manually.
- Bug#14693 – Console command Maint::Ticket::InvalidUserCleanup reports error about ArticleFlagDelete().
- Bug#14713 – Untranslated strings in GenericInterface screens.
- Bug#14644 – Client side validation does not show tooltips in the Appointment calendar.
- Bug#14572 – Package installation via Console upgrade command bypasses OTRS verification.
- Bug#14672 – Values from multi-select Dynamic Fields do not work as recipient in Ticket Notifications.
- Bug#14655 – In the process management OTRS_CURRENT tags are not correctly interpreted when used in the TicketOwnerSet and TicketResponsibleSet transition action.
- Bug#14357 – Email sending doesn’t work fine with specific module versions. Recently additional option for otrs.CheckModules.pl has been introduced to show recommended version of modules which should be used. Modules ‚IO::Socket::SSL‘ and ‚Net::SMTP‘ have increased recommended versions.
- Bug#14605 – Password field is not mandatory on S/MIME screen.
- Bug#14629 – In the Calendar Overview screen, last selected Timeline overview is not saved.
- Bug#14670 – Ticket notification migration from 5 to 6 fails if notification content is missing.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#14557 – Webservice debug log does not honor selected agent timezone.
- Bug#12956 – After splitting the ticket Customer Information are wrong.
- Bug#14358 – Ticket Title is hidden in the ticket zoom screen using Mobile Mode in Agent interface.
- Bug#14503 – Filter label is not visible if High contrast skin is used.
- Bug#14662 – Syncing LDAP fields causes error when value is undefined.
- Bug#14563 – Responsible agent is not shown in the ‚To‘ Field of the Article in the Ticket zoom screen.
- Bug#14666 – OTRS console command Dev::Code::CPANAudit scans OTRS home folder and decreases performance. System scans all folders for perl modules, which is not needed.
- Bug#14646 – OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA tags not correctly interpreted in DynamicFieldSet transition action.
- Bug#14651 – System configuration descriptions refers to non-existing parameters (e.g. AccessibleTickets).
- Bug#14593 – Article seen flag shows wrong state when there are more then 1500 articles for one ticket.
- Bug#14618 – Information about usage of ‚URI‘ or ‚URL‘ filters is missing at some dynamic field types.
- Bug#14612 – Explanation for ‚Kernel::System::Email::Test‘ is missing from SendmailModule System configuration description.
- Bug#14597 – Missing hint on how to separate ‚Additional Email Recipients‘ in notifications.
- Bug#14575 – Input field in the FrontendNavigation type in SysConfig has incorrect value when single quotes are used.
- Bug#14601 – Entitlement check message is different in GUI and log.
- Bug#14606 – Values of Activity status and Customer visibility drop-downs are not translated in the Ticket notification screen.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-6_0_21/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 11
- Firefox before version 31
- Safari before version 6
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed about our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.