January 18, 2018 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2019-01
- Date: 2019-01-18
- Title: Stored XSS
- Severity: 3.2. low
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.4, OTRS 6.0.16, OTRS 5.0.34
- URL: https://community.otrs.com/security-advisory-2019-01-security-update-for-otrs-framework/?lang=de
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2019-9752.
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 7.0.x up to and including 7.0.3, OTRS 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.15 and OTRS 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.33.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/341c4096222819a108feb02256aba878943bf810
- OTRS 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/d4e3dfbaa054762b29df54705aa412685dd37e15
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to David Bidner for discovering and reporting this issue.