September 09, 2014 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the first beta release of OTRS 4....
- Agents can now make use of templates in all screens with internal notes.
- Ticket action screens (such as note, owner etc.) now allow to do actions without always creating an article (configurable).
- New ticket overview based on “my services” that an agent can subscribe to. Notification options for new tickets and follow-ups can now be based on “my queues”, “my services” or combinations of both.
- OTRS can now display tickets with thousands of articles.
- Customer online list in Dashboard now links directly to CustomerInformationCenter page for the customer.
- Agents can now persistently reorder their main menu with drag&drop.
- Agents and customers can now search tickets by attachment name.
- New Dashboard Widget for running process tickets.
2. SCALABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- OTRS 4 can handle more concurrent users/requests on the same hardware, and response times for single requests are shorter as well, especially for pages with lots of data.
3. WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- The GenericInterface now also supports HTTP REST as network transport protocol.
4. INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Postmaster filters are no longer limited to 4 match/set fields. They can now have a configurable amount of fields (default 12, up to 99).
- A new configuration option
Ticket::MergeDynamicFieldsmakes it possible to specify which dynamic fields should also be merged when a ticket is merged to another ticket.
- Added new options to check dynamic fields of type text on patterns relating to error messages (translated), if they do not match.
- Added new options to restrict dynamic fields of type date/datetime on future or past dates.
- OTRS can be configured to automatically unlock a ticket if articles are added and the owner is out of office.
- Linked tickets of a specific type (e.g. merged or removed) can now be hidden via SysConfig option.
- ACL handling has been improved, made more consistent and easier to debug.
- Added new ACL option
PossibleAddto add items to a possible list without resetting (like
- Added new ACL value modifiers
[Notregexp], for all ACLs parts.
- Added new ACL option
- Process handling has been improved, made more consistent and easier to debug.
- A new GUID-based entity naming scheme for the OTRS Process configuration makes it possible to safely transfer processes from one system to another without duplicating the entities.
- Added new Transition Action to create a new ticket.
- Added possibility to define variable Transition Action attributes based on current process ticket values.
- The possibility to schedule System Maintenance periods is available from the System Administration panel in the Admin interface.
- A notification about an incoming System Maintenance period will be shown with some (configurable) time in advance.
- If a System Maintenance is active, a notification about it will be shown on the Agent and Customer interface, and only admin users can log on to the system.
- An overview screen informs admins about active sessions, which can be ended all on one click or one by one.
- New powerful template engine based on Template::Toolkit.
- A central object manager makes creating and using global objects much easier (thanks to Moritz Lenz @ noris network).
- The OPM package format was extended to signal that a package has been merged into another package, allowing the package manager to correctly handle this situation on package installation or update.
- Caching was centralized in one global cache object which also performs in-memory caching for all data.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#10208 – Added additional checks to see if something has changed and invalidates a spell check which had already been done, thanks to S7.
- Bug#10128 – WorkingTime/DestinationTime roundtrip exposes calculation errors.
- Bug#10682 – Customers are able to search in non customer articles.
- Bug#8244 – QueueView hides queues that do not have at least one unlocked ticket.
- Bug#10644 – Module parameters in GenericAgent are copied to ticket parameters
- Bug#10623 – Ticket owner is not shown regardless what is configured, thanks to Renee Bäcker.
- Bug#7531 – Queue and Service delimiter ‘::’ should be replaced in the output by ‘: :’ to allow browsers a line break.
- Bug#10581 – wrong underline color in ivory slim menu module links..
- Bug#10396 – OTRS, MySQL, utf8 charset and non-BMP characters problem(thanks to ib.pl).
- Bug#10522 – HTTP 500 error when uploading attachments to ticket on Windows.
- Bug#10549 – SelectAllCheckboxes doesn’t work as expected.
- Bug#10519 – Opening and closing popups in ProcessManagement leads to performance issues.
- Bug#10371 – Missing Note and NoteMandatory options for AgentTicketMove.
- Bug#10320 – PostMaster Filter // possibility to Set more Email Headers.
- Bug#10400 – AgentTicketProccess will not use error messages of dynamic field drivers.
- Bug#10141 – invalid agents can’t be selected in search form.
- Bug#10208 – NeedSpellCheck does not work.
- Bug#10385 – Wrong Queue ID for Errors and FormUpdate in AgentTicketActionCommon.
- Bug#4224 – Unused variable $From, thanks to Bernhard Schmalhofer.
- Bug#5114 – No Rich Text Editor on Notification (Event).
- Bug#8903 – Forward Email – not inline attachments with Content-ID.
- Bug#10244 – No mouseover popup for fields in ActivityDialogs.
- Bug#10295 – DateInFuture / DateNotInFuture validation.
- Bug#10093 – Dyn Field not used in auto-reply subject
- Bug#10258 – yellow color for UnreadArticles.
- Follow-up for Bug#6802 – Consider window resize properly.
- Bug#10177 – Missing sources in tarball.
- Bug#9616 – Too long activities and transitions are not displayed correctly.
- Bug#7440 – Ticket overviews don’t show column headers for priority and unread articles in small mode.
- Bug#6802 – Navigation broken if many modules installed.
- Bug#4512 – HTMLUtils ToAscii forces line breake on fixed line-length 78.
- Bug#6671 – GenericAgent – Ticket-Action should be renamed to Ticket-Attribute.
- Bug#6742 – Move mask in new window: Note is not required.
- Bug#10145 – %A is not correctly substituted in Language::Time().
- Bug#10090 – Problems with special characters in Kernel/System/WebUserAgent.pm.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_0_beta1/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: