May 17, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 17th patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added package verification information to otrs.PackageManager.pl, use bin/otrs.PackageManager.pl -a list -e (to show package verification information) or bin/otrs.PackageManager.pl -a list -e -c (to show package verification information, deleting the cache before).
- Bug#11835 – Events Ticket Calendar disappears when EndTime before StartTime.
- Bug#12031 – SubSelected class not applied to My Tickets in CustomerTicketOverview Navigation.
- Bug#12049 – Encoding problems in REST transport.
- Bug#12033 – Wrong value selected automatically for Responsible in Bulk action..
- Bug#11430 – (Ticket )Cache won’t get updated on DynamicField ValueDelete.
- Bug#11921 – Wrong attachment is deleted if deleting from multiple attachments from template in new ticket.
- Bug#11917 – Generic Interface does show empty/wrong results when a space (+) is used with in the name.
- Bug#11975 – Use of uninitialized value $NotUseTag in /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/Package.pm.
- Bug#11918 – Placement of activities and other elements shifted.
- Bug#11973 – Mapping backend “Simple” can’t get initialized multiple times. Thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#11353 – Not able to filter for CustomerID with brackets () at TicketViews.
- Bug#11836 – Pending date selection impossible due ACL limitation.
- Bug#11956 – locked tickets for invalid users are not shown in support data collector.
- Bug#11952 – Generic Interface – TicketUpdate operation – DynamicFields not possible empty value.
- Bug#11811 – Error processing mail with incorrectly encoded emoticons.
- Bug#11930 – Error 500 when searching string that ends with “” in AdminCustomerUser.
- Bug#11528 – Group Name like ‘test::Support::1st Line’ is not possible to use for group restrictions.
- Bug#11899 – Columns are stored multiple times in preferences.
- Bug#11324 – OTRS webservices TicketGet operation returns always all articles.
- Bug#11840 – Inline images not displayed after ticket create via ProcessManagement.
- Bug#11913 – Description in SysConfig breakes when you click ‘more’.
- Bug#11791 – Can’t use FullTextSearch with Russian words.
- Bug#11754 – OwnerOnly is not respected in Dashboard Widget for Upcoming Events.
- Bug#6795 – Useless/confusing message “ERROR: Need write permission in OTRS home”
- Bug#8188 – Disabled skins are still used.
- Bug#6492 – Saving Search Templates.
- Bug#7542 – Results of HistoryTicketStatusGet() are slightly wrong (and don’t take time zones into account)
- Bug#11249 – EventsTicketCalendar: dynamic fields’ value isn’t translated for dropdown dynamic field type.
- Bug#11810 – <OTRS_TICKET_State> not translated to spanish when answering from AgentTicketZoom screen.
- Bug#11839 – Generic Agent does not filter a value int text DF.
- Bug#11745 – apostrophe in email can’t be searched.
- Bug#8154 – Uninstall button can be pressed twice.
- Bug#11866 – Customer history destroys the customer information.
- Bug#11168 – Lost condition in AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#11886 – ACL Action missing.
- Bug#11888 – Customer Information center closed ticket counter includes merged and removed.
- Bug#11897 – Text in the Queue View is not translateable.
- Bug#11901 – Process Configuration ist destroyed in IE11 if changing data in e.g. Activity popup.
- Bug#11116 – No Loading symbol while searching for customer.
- Bug#11220 – Highlighting broken for holiday dates in Calendar Datepicker.
- Bug#11858 – Queues can just choose between 50 Calendar.
- Bug#11875 – Printed timestamp is shown with GMT, thanks to S7.
- Bug#11874 – Restrict service based on state when posting a note.
- Bug#11821 – Invisible fields are validated in ActivityDialogs.
- Bug#10303 – Created Date Not Available as a Dashboard Column.
- Bug#11891 – Unit Tests fail if MIME::EncWords is installed.
- Bug#11882 – Untraslatable string.
- Bug#11179 – InformUser and InvolvedUser can be injected even if they are disabled in SysConfig.
- Bug#11870 – Missing quoting in Layout::AgentQueueListOption().
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_17/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.