August 09, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 18th patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated Hungarian translation, thanks to Ur Balazs.
- Bug#8671 – Can not link to an archived ticket.
- Follow-up for Bug#12090 – 2-second sleep between email fetching causes bad performance on systems with high email traffic.
- Bug#11757 – otrs.Console.pl Maint::Stats::Generate – language option not working.
- Bug#12105 – “Create summation row” and “Create summation column” are transposed.
- Bug#12118 – Text Area filter doesn’t work for Statistic.
- Bug#12189 – ACL beginning with @ results in 500 internal server error.
- Bug#12182 – CIC – Customer Login still shows merged tickets as closed tickets.
- Bug#12181 – Object StateAction -> Names are not readable.
- Bug#11934 – GenericAgent – not possible to uncheck a checkbox.
- Bug#12179 – Wrong OTRS tags conversion in transition actions called by Generic Agent over multiple tickets.
- Bug#8640 – Article bounce does not conform to rfc 2822.
- Bug#12141 – Wrong check for needed objects.
- Bug#12147 – Transition Action – to set Service and SLA.
- Bug#11986 – Wrong class parameter for Admin Menu in Navbar.
- Bug#12097 – Ticket responses with non-breaking whitespace cause PostgreSQL database error.
- Bug#11596 – Invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8”: 0xa0 PostgreSQL.
- Bug#10970 – byte sequence errors on notifications.
- Bug#12100 – Error Premature end of script headers: index.pl when using long URL.
- Bug#12132 – Order of columns in Queue view broken when more than 9 columns are selected.
- Bug#12129 – Process Management: Ticket locks even when is not needed, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#12128 – Can not store 0 in Admin Customer screen, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Bug#11990 – Kernel/Config/ files matching regex .pm may throw an error while loading.
- Bug#12122 – Wrong offset in substr function, ForeignKeyCreate function.
- Bug#12020 – Option CaseSensitive has no impact on the external customer database.
- Bug#12110 – ACL Queue limitation not working in CustomerTicketProcess, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#12085 – CIC search links don’t work when customer login contains parentheses.
- Bug#12074 – Redundant and confusing code in Kernel/System/TemplateGenerator.pm.
- Bug#12018 – HTML body not retrieved on by GI operation TicketGet (Added HTMLBodyAsAttachment parameter to retrieve is as an attachment).
- Bug#12090 – 2-second sleep between email fetching causes bad performance on systems with high email traffic.
- Bug#12012 – JSON Response contains all Dynamic Fields in Article response.
- Bug#12069 – enabling/disabling Article Filter show wrong article.
- Bug#8153 – When configuration area is not activated, it is still editable.
- Follow-up for Bug#9950 – Ticket Split takes uses system address as the customer.
- Bug#12045 – Not possible to create a Ticket using TransitionAction::TicketCreate with Owner instead of OwnerID.
- Bug#9345 – OTRS exceeds 998 character limit in References Line of E-Mail Header.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_18/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.