June 06, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 24th patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Added a web timeout config option for the support data collection and suppress the log message, if the internal web request for the support data collection doesn’t work.
- Improved SecureMode detection in Installer.
- Bug#12745 – AgentTicketSearch missing ‘Extended’ param in Article and Ticket get methods.
- Bug#12855 – Webservice HTTPBasicAuth User and Password Field are not escaped correctly.
- Bug#12785 – Wrong convert for CustomerUser with ‘&’ (amp) in address book in cc or bcc.
- Bug#12838 – Typo in SysConfig Frontend::NavBarModule###7-AgentTicketService.
- Bug#12762 – Missing information in the process ticket (follow up Bug 12443).
- Bug#12853 – Notification tags like OTRS_CUSTOMER_DATA_* not working in AgentTicketEmail signature field.
- Bug#12849 – Default entry sorting broken for e.g. AgentTicketPhone if ‘Ticket::Frontend::ListType’ set to ‘list’.
- Bug#12797 – Wrong escalation time if response time set to 60 or fewer minutes.
- Bug#12797 – Unknown Customer is not displayed in a Process Dialog.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12701 – Default values of “Owner” and “Responsible” fields placed in the activity dialogs in the process tickets cannot be settled.
- Bug#12834 – NotificationTag of a Date field displays a time-stamp “00:00”.
- Bug#12743 – ACLs with ticket conditions are not matching on process list in AgentTicketProcess.
- Bug#12796 – GenericInterface only works with FastCGI for GET requests.
- Bug#12216 – Inconsistent behavior in pop-ups which lock tickets.
- Bug#12809 – Unable to select queue if queue comment is empty (with modified Ticket::Frontend::NewQueueSelectionString).
- Bug#10685 – Removing an agent’s access to a ticket while he is viewing the ticket leads to interface issues on the agent’s side.
- Bug#12572 – Non-process tickets generate error messages in the Syslog if process data are allowed to be displayed.
- Bug#10569 – DynamicField of type date resets after ticket split.
- Bug#6144 – Invalid System Email Address Problem.
- Bug#7913 – Incorrect parsing of Content-Type with additional attributes.
- Bug#12613 – Accents are missing from accented letters.
- Bug#12498 – An invalid date used in a search attribute returns a wrong result.
- Bug#4424 – Package Manager rebuild() creates invalid XML packages.
- Bug#8249 – System addresses should be unique.
- Bug#9972 – Spelling check unit test is not working correctly.
- Bug#12389 – Attachments with alias charsets are not properly processed in GenericInterface.
- Bug#8249 – system addresses should be unique.
- Bug#6751 – Problem if service name gets too long, or if service has too many sub services.
- Bug#11508 – Change Date has a confusing label in the ticket list statistic result.
- Bug#12286 – Article body with non-allowed characters breaks SOAP response.
- Bug#12193 – Article never decrypted when StoreDecryptedData set to no.
- Bug#12347 – Error message “No such TicketID” on ticket delete.
- Bug#12791 – ArticleSend Documentation is incorrect.
- Bug#10556(PR#1737) – Missing library used in IMAP authentication mechanism. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12783 – Display of Dynamic Field Date/Time values changed.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12118 – Unified the search from text and text area dynamic fields.
- Bug#12736(PR#1709) – Malformed pgp-signed multipart mail can cause an error in PGP.pm. Thanks to Michael and S7!
- Bug#7811(PR#1710) – GenericAgent Search produces inconsistent results. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12649(PR#1669) – The long and short description of the process ticket are not displayed at the first activity. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12753 – Function “SystemDataGroupGet” has problems with empty values in Oracle.
- Bug#12627 – ACL value with brackets is not shown in ACL Editor.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12334 – Net::SSLGlue issues warnings on modern systems.
- Bug#12746 – ACL ignores checks on dynamic fields.
- Bug#10825(PR#936) – – <OTRS_CUSTOMER_Body> in Reply-Template, thanks to S7.
- Follow-up fix: Activity dialog doesn’t check process status before submitting (bug#12443), thanks to Balázs Úr.
- Bug#12614 – PopUpAction doesn’t work on the Create Phone Ticket or Create e-mail ticket widgets.
- Bug#12719(PR#1671) – The result of SQL box displays the unique column headers, not with the right character encoding. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12718(PR#1668) – There is no check for the similar names when creating a mail filter. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12724 – OTRS generates cron error messages on incoming mails with broken encoding.
- Bug#12703(PR#1663) – dynamic list and dynamic matrix interpret agent/user Userfirstname. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12723 – TicketNumber generators uses TicketCheckNumber() in a wrong way.
- Bug#12701(PR#1666) – Default values of “Owner” and “Responsible” fields placed in the activity dialogs in the process tickets cannot be settled. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12702 – TicketTypeUpdate not seen in Ticket history.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_24/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.