May 12, 2015 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the eigth patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 3.3 and OTRS 4....
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators
- Added new package manager command to list all installed package files
- Added new support data check for prefork MPM
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.plafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Fixed preselecting CustomerID when creating a new customer user from CIC, thanks to Elias Probst.
- Bug#11102 – Refresh bug on process client interface using ie8
- Bug#11262 – AJAX calls keep session alive.
- Bug#11246 – Information Disclosure on “Outbound E-Mail”.
- Bug#10534 – Wildcard hacking the customer information center.
- Bug#10988 – Queues will not be visible in CustomerTicketMessage, if they are using a group which was newly created.
- Bug#11139 – StaticDB – Search incorrect.
- Bug#11244 – Slave database not used in OTRS 4.
- Bug#11123 – DynamicFieldText RegEx message problem on create and edit.
- Bug#11226 – Tags in transition actions work only if there is only a tag in the field.
- Bug#10961 – Adding email recipients via addressbook does not update customer information.
- Bug#11237 – SpellChecker logs an error if text is empty or ‘0’.
- Bug#11167 – DashboardEventsTicketCalendar week starting day should be configurable.
- Bug#11185 – Mismatch between shown columns order and default columns order and in DashboardTicketGeneric.
- Bug#11163 – Uninitialized value warning in Excel output in AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#11156 – No translated headers in Excel output in AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#11219 – Uninitialized warning in Kernel::Output::HTML::DashboardCalendar.
- Bug#11232 – OTRS does not recognize language “vi” as it only provides “vi_VI”.
- Bug#11161 – ticket_history table is always joined in TicketSearch.
- Bug#11214 – Ticket Zoom JS breaks on French language.
- Bug#11211 – REST WADL file does not pass validation tests.
- Bug#11207 – Wrong column encoding in Kernel::System::Notification::NotificationGet().
- Bug#9449 – Generic Agent ticket actions can’t be unselect.
- Bug#11204 – SOAP WSDL file does not pass validation tests.
- Bug#11202 – Dashboard errors on only admin group user.
- Bug#11201 – GI: Use of uninitialized value in string ne at AdminGenericInterfaceWebservice.pm.
- Bug#11199 – GI MappingSinple screen is not consistent.
- Bug#10837 – Reply in process ticket on webrequest article fills customer mail into “cc” instead of “to”.
- Bug#11117 – AutoResponse messages not “comply” Customer Language.
- Bug#10995 – Characters not correctly managed by OTRS scripts..
- Bug#11118 – function NotificationCustomer always get DefaultLanguage to send notification.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_8/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: