September 15, 2015 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the fourth beta release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support OTRS 3.3, OTRS 4 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved modernized input fields to ignore accents when searching (thanks to Dusan Vuckovic). This will find México when you just search for Mexico.
- Improved otrs.Daemon.pl PID detection mechanism.
- Added the new time scale values ‘half-year(s)’ and ‘quarter(s)’ and the possibility to select a upcoming relative time value for the statistic time field.
What’s New in OTRS 5
- OTRS is now optimized for use on different types and sizes of mobile devices.
- Single-select and multi-select input fields have been modernized and provide advanced searching and filtering capabilities (thanks to Dusan Vuckovic at Mühlbauer).
- Images can now be added/uploaded to the WYSIWYG editor using Copy&Paste and Drag&Drop from anywhere outside the application (in all browsers, without additional Add-On).
- Improved ticket notification system. It is now possible to configure own ticket notifications with own trigger conditions and recipients. With OTRS Business Solution™, notifications can also be delivered via SMS and/or Notification Web View. The latter is a special screen in OTRS that holds all notifications of the agent; with this OTRS can be used entirely without an email client.
- Statistics received a new graphical user interface which is much better accessible and helps to create great statistics quickly and easily.
- Additionally, statistics support the new time periods “quarter” and “half-year”
- It is now possible to group action menu items in the ticket zoom screen. Less often used items can be grouped in a submenu, improving screen usage and clarity.
- Ticket overviews can now display customer company data, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- The ticket process TransitionAction “TicketCreate” can now create tickets without articles.
2. SCALABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- The new OTRS Daemon handles all asynchronous and periodic tasks and replaces all previous OTRS cron jobs. In a clustered environment the load is automatically distributed over the nodes.
- It is now possible to specify multiple readonly mirror (slave) databases for expensive computations such as statistics or fulltext searches to distribute the load among these database servers.
- A new two-factor authentication layer allows added login security.
- If entering a fixed username and password doesn’t satisfy your requirements, you can now additionally use the open standard for time based one-time passwords (RfC 6238, also known as Google Authenticator).
- After having enabled the two-factor authentication, agents and customers can add a shared secret to their preferences and immediately start logging in using one-time passwords created by a compatible method of their choice (e.g. the Android Google Authenticator app).
4. WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- A new XSLT based GenericInterface mapping module allows for arbitrarily complex user-defined data mapping.
5. INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- The new OTRS console makes working on the commandline easy and fun. All commands have a consistent interface, useful documentation and provide helpful colored output.
- Administrators can now specify a minimum log level to reduce logging volume, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Overview screens in the admin area now show invalid entities in gray, making it easy to focus on active elements.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.plafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Followup for Bug#11367 – timezone in time stamps of outgoing mails is always UTC.
- Bug#11437 – Filter not available if Y-axis is not defined.
- Bug#11321 – Translate is called twice on Months of Year.
- Bug#11465 – New ticket notifications not working correctly.
- Bug#11438 – Daemon not running.
- Bug#11264 – Reducing article dropdown dynamic fields via ACL does not work.
- Bug#11398 – Selecting a template in AgentTicketPhone (and likely other components) silently overrides existing content, losing data.
- Bug#11435 – If opening navigation bar or sidebar in responsive mode, OTRS jumps back to the top of the window.
- Bug#11460 – CustomerSearch fails for searches containing ‘_’.
- Bug#11450 – Modern input fields does not refresh correctly in Ticket Search.
- Bug#11400 – Inconsistency in AgentTicketZoom and AgentTicketCompose.
- Bug#11309 – Bug in Statistic Deletion.
- Bug#8146 – Generate report in Chinese from command line.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_0_beta4/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.