August 09, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 12th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Corrected date format for Thai and added new Indonesian language translation, thanks to all translators.
- Improved debug output of Maint::PostMaster::Read.
- Don’t write error log entry on first LDAP user login, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12143 – TicketSearch: if you filter a search attribute and then select ‘all’, the search screen disappear.
- Bug#12196 – SOAP Response missing trailing slash.
- Follow-up for Bug#12090 – 2-second sleep between email fetching causes bad performance on systems with high email traffic.
- Bug#12118 – Text Area filter doesn’t work for Statistic.
- Bug#12189 – ACL beginning with @ results in 500 internal server error.
- Bug#12185 – Sometimes page leave confirmation is shown when completing a popup action.
- Bug#12083 – When no result is found for a stats the result is 0.
- Bug#12182 – CIC – Customer Login still shows merged tickets as closed tickets.
- Bug#12181 – Object StateAction -> Names are not readable.
- Bug#11934 – GenericAgent – not possible to uncheck a checkbox.
- Bug#12179 – Wrong OTRS tags conversion in transition actions called by Generic Agent over multiple tickets.
- Bug#12105 – “Create summation row” and “Create summation column” are transposed.
- Bug#12177 – “Close ticket” and “Close window”.
- Bug#12150 – Ticket::HookDivider missing in TicketZoom and History View.
- Bug#7108 – Email not sent if FQDN has a port number in it.
- Bug#12178 – CustomerUser in Config.pm breaks the system.
- Bug#8671 – Can not link to an archived ticket.
- Bug#12147 – Transition Action – to set Service and SLA.
- Bug#8671 – Can not link to an archived ticket.
- Bug#12141 – Wrong check for needed objects.
- Bug#8640 – Article bounce does not conform to rfc 2822.
- Bug#12111 – Auto response sometimes not translated in German.
- Bug#11248 – FollowUp handling on internal mails does not work at all times.
- Bug#12124 – Usability bug – Attributes in Stats are not shown like in 4.
- Bug#11986 – Wrong class parameter for Admin Menu in Navbar.
- Bug#12097 – Ticket responses with non-breaking whitespace cause PostgreSQL database error.
- Bug#11596 – Invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8”: 0xa0 PostgreSQL.
- Bug#10970 – byte sequence errors on notifications.
- Follow-up for Bug#12078 – Change wording for a better translation, thanks to Balázs Úr.
- Bug#9000 – shm errors on OTRS server startup.
- Bug#11981 – GenericTicketConnector ignoring “<ContentSearch>OR</ContentSearch>” in full text search.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_12/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: