January 19, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 6th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved OTRS Business Solution™ availability check, to be performed only on already upgraded systems.
- Added Hungarian notification event messages, thanks to Balazs Ur.
- Slightly improved fatal error screen.
- Added new Thai translation.
- Improved support for Hungarian, thanks to Balazs Ur.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11798 – HTML preview on Ticket Notification is broken.
- Bug#11793 – Wrong subgroup for agent preference settings.
- Bug#11728 – Dashboard Widget: Attributes OwnerIDs is not working.
- Fixed a bug where chat message times would not include user time zone information.
- Bug#11755 – PGP MIME signed email with long lines does not verify signature correctly.
- Bug#10969 – Problem whith SMIME-Cert that is valid for more than one E-Mail-Address.
- Bug#11764 – Wrong Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketService###DefaultColumns subgroup.
- Bug#11765 – Wrong Sysconfig descriptions in Kernel/Config/Files/Ticket.xml.
- Bug#11759 – AgentStats does not work if you try to configure the x-axis of an ITSMConfigItem statistic.
- Bug#11628 – DynamicField – BaseSelect.pm – missing check of DF in parameter Template in method “EditFieldValueGet”.
- Bug#11696 – Queue overview displays Queues with no available tickets.
- Bug#9038 – Default Ticket Type in Emails…..
- Bug#11695 – Inconsistency with the sorting icon.
- Bug#8760 – digest algorithm SHA1 is hardcoded in PGP/MIME signed messages.
- Bug#3688 – Emails to a “deeply merged” ticket are added to the wrong ticket.
- Bug#6333 – Ticket merging does not work with customized state name.
- Bug#3785 – issuing cron jobs include backup files from them.
- Bug#8828 – No embedded images in auto responses.
- Bug#7730 – Security: Notification Tags can be used to display critical data in Answers.
- Bug#11373 – CustomerID in AgentTicketPhone accepts any value, thanks to S7.
- Bug#10883 – Do not hardcode X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN.
- Bug#11182 – otrs.SyncLDAP2DB.pl produces invalid SQL statements.
- Bug#11705 – Ticket filters are displayed incorrectly.
- Bug#7708 – Only 400 agents available in AdminUser.
- Bug#11406 – Values of a dynamic field of type multiselect are not shown in dashboard ticket calendar.
- Bug#11286 – Default-Value “X-Envelope-To” instead of “Envelope-To” in PostmasterX-Header.
- Bug#11738 – Generate Support Bundle throws errors when HTTPS is used as HTTPTYPE.
- Bug#10510 – Problem sending attachments with the wrong mime type.
- Bug#11722 – Undefined for undefined variable at requesting LostPasswordToken, thanks to Norihiro Tanaka.
- Bug#11733 – Field details in activity dialogs are not correctly loaded if they contain single quotes.
- Bug#11667 – Can’t perform POST on https://cloud.otrs.com/otrs/public.pl: 500 read timeout.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_5/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: