March 15, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 8th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11560 – Error for connection to cloud on OTRS in a network which outbound access is blocked.
- Bug#11893 – Pending reminder events not triggered if there are no valid pending auto states.
- Bug#11840 – Inline images not displayed after ticket create via ProcessManagement.
- Bug#11914 – Modernized InputField Dropdowns not working after AJAX reload.
- Bug#11899 – Columns are stored multiple times in preferences.
- Bug#11913 – Description in SysConfig breakes when you click ‘more’.
- Bug#11787 – No Ticket::StateAfterPending found with manual state update.
- Bug#9441 – Display of seconds after attachment upload.
- Bug#11912 – Answer to email-internal is preset to email-external.
- Bug#11791 – Can’t use FullTextSearch with Russian words.
- Bug#11754 – OwnerOnly is not respected in Dashboard Widget for Upcoming Events.
- Bug#11526 – Some dropdowns in AgentTicketZoom do not use modernized input fields.
- Bug#6795 – Useless/confusing message “ERROR: Need write permission in OTRS home”
- Bug#8188 – Disabled skins are still used.
- Bug#6492 – Saving Search Templates.
- Bug#7542 – Results of HistoryTicketStatusGet() are slightly wrong (and don’t take time zones into account)
- Bug#11249 – EventsTicketCalendar: dynamic fields’ value isn’t translated for dropdown dynamic field type.
- Bug#8313 – No such package: package-x.x.x message in package installation.
- Bug#11839 – Generic Agent does not filter a value int text DF.
- Bug#11745 – apostrophe in email can’t be searched.
- Bug#11873 – Click on disabled branches in modern inputs result provokes jquery errors.
- Bug#11150 – Handling of dashboard widget names with special characters.
- Bug#11810 – <OTRS_TICKET_State> not translated to spanish when answering from AgentTicketZoom screen.
- Bug#8154 – Uninstall button can be pressed twice.
- Bug#11835 – Events Ticket Calendar disappears when EndTime before StartTime.
- Bug#11901 – Process Configuration ist destroyed in IE11 if changing data in e.g. Activity popup.
- Bug#11804 – Too much whitespace in AgentTicketCustomer popup.
- Bug#11855 – Y-axis labels of TicketStats dashboard module cut off if more than 3 digits long.
- Bug#11168 – Lost condition in AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#11116 – No Loading symbol while searching for customer.
- Bug#11888 – Customer Information center closed ticket counter includes merged and removed.
- Bug#11886 – ACL Action missing.
- Bug#11854 – Using the spam button with a restricting ACL leads to useless error message, thanks to S7.
- Bug#11220 – Highlighting broken for holiday dates in Calendar Datepicker.
- Bug#11897 – Text in the Queue View is not translateable.
- Bug#11900 – Browser zoom: Link page design broken.
- Bug#11875 – Printed timestamp is shown with GMT, thanks to S7.
- Bug#11234 – Attachments lost due to filename collision in ArticleStorageFS.
- Bug#11858 – Queues can just choose between 50 Calendar.
- Bug#11866 – Customer history destroys the customer information.
- Bug#11874 – Restrict service based on state when posting a note.
- Bug#11693 – Display issues with new style fields filters with many entries.
- Bug#11757 – otrs.Console.pl Maint::Stats::Generate – language option not working.
- Bug#11821 – Invisible fields are validated in ActivityDialogs.
- Bug#11878 – Dashboard Widget Online removes menu bar if Italian language is set.
- Bug#10303 – Created Date Not Available as a Dashboard Column.
- Bug#11891 – Unit Tests fail if MIME::EncWords is installed.
- Bug#11882 – Untraslatable string.
- Bug#8971 – NewPhoneTicket toolbar button – does not check group settings, thanks to S7.
- Bug#11179 – InformUser and InvolvedUser can be injected even if they are disabled in SysConfig.
- Bug#11807 – Inconsistent key navigation in modernized input fields.
- Bug#11862 – Ticket Notification Management – ‘Send by default’ has no impact.
- Bug#11885 – uninitialized value in scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl.
- Bug#11468 – Using SVG images for Agent and Customer logo requires additional CSS.
- Bug#11870 – Missing quoting in Layout::AgentQueueListOption().
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_8/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: