March 07, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 17th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added the possibility to configure ticket notification recipients by OTRS-tags (replaced with values from the current ticket).
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12612 – Exchange of the axis and the translations doesn’t work in the dashboard statistic widgets.
- Bug#12628(PR#1623) – Sorting of columns in Dashboard-Ticket-Widgets is toggling with every refresh of the widget. Thanks to S7!
- Unified the search from text and textarea dynamic fields (bug#12118).
- Bug#12596(PR#1625) – AgentTicketQueue articles are not displayed properly. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12443 – Activity dialog doesn’t check process status before submit.
- Bug#12552 – Merging Tickets will not move linked objects to target ticket.
- Bug#12573 – Permissions are not completely translated.
- Follow-up fix for bug#12487: Statistic with a ‘+’ in the CustomerId doesn’t work.
- Bug#12595 – Not able to search for tickets at customer portal with brackets within login name.
- Bug#8853 – Hardcoded Priority and State in bin/otrs.FillDB.pl.
- Bug#12555 – Deleting tickets via GenericAgent does not remove tickets completely (immediately?).
- Bug#12564 – Values that belong to the checkbox, appear in English in the statistics settings.
- Bug#12620 – bug with spec file for SLES 11.
- Bug#12546 – SOAP:1007 SRT: Unsupported xstream found: (“HTTP Code 200 : OK”).
- Bug#12558(PR#1603) – Filtering of “Available Columns” in Allocation List is not working well when columns are changed. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12606 – In LinkObject module the class names are not translated even if they are translated in the language file.
- Bug#12588 – Unicode characters crash Postmaster with HTMLUtil.pm error.
- Bug#10918 – Reducing available processes by ACLs not possible.
- Bug#12548 – In the search menu the examples are delusive.
- Follow-up fix for bug#10691: add new config setting PostMaster::NewTicket::AutoAssignCustomerIDForUnknownCustomers to control creation of tickets with unknown customers.
- Bug#12591 – Statistic preview for ticket list statistic is very slow in systems with many tickets.
- Bug#12287 – Missing date validation for ITSM date and datetime fields.
- Bug#12549 – Columns not translated in several widgets and views.
- Bug#12533 – Setting a Dynamic Field to = 0 in a activity dialogue does not set the value but deletes it.
- Bug#12577(PR#1606) – Select All Checkboxes in Ticket Overview screens. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12582 – Select All Checkbox is shown in Ticket Overview screens when table is empty.
- Bug#12559 – Moving ticket to disabled queue causes corrupted layout.
- Bug#11902 – Stats – TicketSolutionResponseTime does not show any Escalation – First Response Time.
- Bug#12547 – System maintenance arranges notes in time order.
- Bug#12529 – Notifications break AgentTicketBulk.
- Bug#12528 – Problem with dash as value in a modernized form field.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11810 – <OTRS_TICKET_State> not translated to spanish when answering from AgentTicketZoom screen.
- Bug#4512 – HTMLUtils ToAscii forces line breake on fixed line-length 78.
- Bug#12543 – Missing header and footer after file upload in CustomerTicketProcess.
- Bug#12536 – It’s possible for an GenericAgent task to be submitted multiple times and depending on the jobs configuration, lead to a Denial of Service.
- Bug#12481 – URLs in Chat are not converted to clickable links.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_17/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: