May 09, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 19th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved error message, when trying to install an incompatible version of OTRS Business Solution™.
- Improved error message in PackageManager, when trying to install an incompatible package.
- Added a web timeout config option for the support data collection and suppress the log message, if the internal web request for the support data collection doesn’t work.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12803 – TranslationsUpdate console command does not consider strings from var/packagesetup folder.
- Bug#10556(PR#1737) – Missing library used in IMAP authentication mechanism. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12784(PR#1738) – Webservice Debugger shows no Entry. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12783 – Display of Dynamic Field Date/Time values changed.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12118 – Unified the search from text and textarea dynamic fields.
- Bug#12756 – The format buttons are displayed on the dashboard translated, but during the running of stats they are not translated.
- Bug#12773 – In case of big screen resolution the Subject field is too long.
- Bug#12736(PR#1709) – Malformed pgp-signed multipart mail can cause error in PGP.pm. Thanks to Michael and S7!
- Bug#7811(PR#1710) – GenericAgent Search produces inconsistent results. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12649(PR#1669) – The long and short description of the process ticket are not displayed at the first activity. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12681(PR#1647) – In agent ticket search, profile field is not modernise. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12714(PR#1674) – In dynamic matrix statistics preview x-axis is not sorted. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12744(PR#1704) – Responsible Filter in Queue View does not work. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12764 – Database function SQLProcessor() modifies given parameter data.
- Bug#12761 – Cache values can be modified from the outside in function XMLParse().
- Bug#9723 – TicketAccountedTime stat does not run on Oracle with many tickets.
- Bug#12753 – Function “SystemDataGroupGet” has problems with empty values in oracle.
- Bug#12627 – ACL value with brackets is not shown in ACL Editor.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12334 – Net::SSLGlue issues warnings on modern systems.
- Bug#12746 – ACL ignores checks on dynamic fields.
- Fixed typo in otrs.Daemon.pl.
- Bug#12725 – Tickets link on themselves.
- Follow-up fix: Activity dialog doesn’t check process status before submit (bug#12443), thanks to Balázs Úr.
- Bug#12680 – Templates are not loaded in several views in mobile browsers.
- Bug#12603 – The notification during the import of a process appears in English.
- Bug#12604 – Creating new Customer-User in case the given user already exists, the error message appears in English.
- Bug#11958 – “http://” or “ftp://” may be added to hostnames in filtered text.
- Bug#12720(PR#1676) – Settings window of Complex LinkObject is not translated. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12650(PR#1636) – SendCustomerNotification does not respect newly assigned mail address. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12719(PR#1671) – The result of SQL box displays the unique column headers not with the right character encoding. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12614 – PopUpAction doesn’t work on the Create phone Ticket or Create e-mail ticket widgets.
- Bug#12718(PR#1668) – There is no check for the similar names when creating a mail filter. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12724 – OTRS generates cron error messages on incoming mails with broken encoding.
- Bug#12703(PR#1663) – dynamic list and dynamic matrix interpret agent/user Userfirstname. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12723 – TicketNumber generators uses TicketCheckNumber() in a wrong way.
- Bug#12701(PR#1666) – Default values of “Owner” and “Responsible” fields placed in the activity dialogs in the process tickets cannot be settled. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12702 – TicketTypeUpdate not seen in Ticket history.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_19/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: