September 19, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 23rd patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved validation in statistic import and export.
- Added possibility to specify a different directory where the OTRS Daemon creates its PID files by using the new SysConfig setting: ‘Daemon::PID::Path’.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#7307 – mixed html/plain e-mail.
- Bug#12569 – Missing explanation users (with visual impairments) in the ‘Preferences’ page.
- Bug#12843 – Ticket Notifications over 4.000 characters are being removed from db.
- Bug#13019 – Service translated in AdminSLA overview screen.
- Bug#13053 – There are no dialogs available at this point in the process is not shown.
- Bug#13081 – Article field not mandatory if an attachment is added.
- Bug#13075 – Short description for “pending time” not shown in D.
- Bug#13083 – OTRS Business Solution Logout Logo is OTRSFree.
- Bug#13060 – Customer User input field is refocused on click away.
- Bug#13052 – Explaining text is missing from the New ticket view on the customer interface in case of mandatory texts.
- Bug#12990 – Ticket Menu Module is overlapping.
- Bug#13054 – Daemon reports that is already running when it can’t get the lock of the PID file.
- Bug#12971 – AgentTicketMove – Queue list on AJAX update does not honor ListType setting.
- Bug#12981 – Out of office not shown in the dashboard.
- Bug#13011 – Bad expires value in the cookie.
- Bug#11512 – ACL Type field restriction on DynamicField change in AgentTicketProcess does not work.
- Bug#12965 – Process management: Article type field – Attachment delete button.
- Bug#13003 – Statistic shows Out of Office info in agent name.
- Bug#12871 – TicketACL->_GetChecks fills Param with Ticket values and form ones are lost.
- Bug#12933 – Change value for Order by column in a report doesn’t store.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_23/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: