March 13, 2018 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 27th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
Important for Updating
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuildafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patchlevel 2 or earlier, please run
scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.plonce during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- if you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Reduced warnings thrown by Layout object when BuildSelection is used with TreeView option.
- Improved console output documentation for options that can be specified multiple times.
- Bug#13549 – Scrolling not possible for some articles on iOS Safari.
- Bug#13687 – CustomerIDRaw parameter is empty in Customer View.
- Bug#13670 – FilterLink has to be LinkFilter in ViewModules.
- Bug#13681 – Legacy description for NotificationEvent sysconfig.
- Bug#13644 – Attachment and text missing on some mails.
- Bug#13638 – Subject Field in customer search not aligned correctly when field label above is split in 2 lines.
- Bug#13585 – Follow-up: coloring issues in Ivory slim skin.
- Bug#13603 – Text in Ticketheader overlaps itself when printing via browser.
- Bug#13628 – Error message from Dev::Tools::TranslationsUpdate if certain directory does not exist.
- Bug#13585 – Coloring issues in Ivory skin.
- Bug#13609 – “Need TwoFactorToken!” generates error in system log.
- Bug#13590 – Notification triggers not correct if a dynamic field with key value 0 is chosen in ticket selection and Additional recipient is set.
- Bug#13595 – Setting of ticket number is old-style on the ticket overview screen.
- Bug#13596 – “S” view in mobile browser cannot be rolled horizontally.
- Bug#13561 – Empty strings not handled correctly in HTMLUtils::Safety(). Thanks to Paweł Bogusławski.
- Bug#13570 – Queue view display incorrect if you move a queue to be a sub-queue.
- Bug#13562 – Drag and drop of a BMP image into the editor causes an error message.
- Bug#13604 – Dynamic Field Contact with Data is displayed doubled in AgentTicketZoom view.
- Bug#13592 – ACL with invalid-temporarily status is not included in export file when exporting ACL.
- Bug#13468 – Generic interface works not with a interface which use the http status code ‘204’.
- Bug#13563 – Fulltext search in tool bar does not show warning when stop words are used.
- Bug#13235 – Race condition when fetching mails.
- Bug#13516 – In the setting window of linked widgets dynamic field labels are not displayed.
- Bug#13503 – Delete button of filter is not unified.
- Bug#13294 – Safari autofill broken when two factor authentication is enabled.
- Bug#13260 – Endless loop for recurrent daemon task with the same task name.
- Bug#13444 – DynamicField Dropdown values are not verified if submitted via web service.
- Bug#13485 – Text editor is incorrectly displayed in Bulk menu window.
- Bug#13002 – Deep recursion error when notification is triggered for HistoryAdd event.
- Bug#13397 – Autoreply shows HTML Tags when adding HTML formatted articles via Generic Interface. Thanks to Christoph Delbrück.
- Bug#13430 – Ticket title overlaps with actions.
- Bug#13277 – Linking both ticket and change makes Internet Explorer stop working.
- Bug#13483 – ACL property database does not work in AgentTicketActionCommon for Type field.
- Bug#13231 – AJAX Error when ACL triggers in queue move (restrict move from one queue to another based on Properties).
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_27/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: