Release Notes: OTRS 5 Patch Level 7
February 16, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 7th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Made both the Subject and Reference follow up checks optional, so that they can be turned off.
- Add new config setting Package::AllowLocalModifications. If this setting is active, local modifications will not be highlighted as errors in the package manager and the support data collector.
- Added a –quiet option to suppress console command output, thanks to Moritz Lenz.
- Added new button „Remove Quote“ to richtext editor.
- Improved DBUpdate-to-5.pl to migrate notification config entries, thanks to S7.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11852 – Error in migration script with Ticket::Frontend::PreMenuModule.
- Bug#11820 – Match on !~ „int“ for external articles not enough.
- Bug#11829 – Main and ticket menu subentries disappear.
- Bug#11819 – Error when trying to edit/create new customer agent while SMIME activated.
- Bug#11827 – Invalid or missing default ticket type throws error in log.
- Bug#11825 – Agent Notification Preferences cannot be set in AdminUser.
- Bug#11813 – Changing agent email address disables his notifications preferences.
- Bug#11818 – Missing required settings in default TicketConnecor SOAP yaml web service.
- Bug#11817 – SLAID from TicketGet response Article has wrong cardinality in WSDL.
- Bug#11803 – Got no ProcessEntityID or TicketID and ActivityDialogEntityID!.
- Bug#6350 – Sort order in „Auto Responses <-> Queues“, thanks to S7.
- Bug#11802 – Customer user can get access to all ticket data.
- Bug#11717 – Views with iFrames not scrollable on iOS.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11696 – Queue overview displays Queues with no avaible tickets.
- Do not let customers know if other tickets exist or not (thanks to Renée Bäcker).
- Bug#11786 – Reference of undefined variable in AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#11794 – Agent with quote in this name cannot list owner.
- Bug#11801 – Default value „Lock after follow-up“ changed in Queue Management.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_7/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: