Release Notes: OTRS 5s Patch Level 28
June 12, 2018 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 28th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
Important for Updating
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuildafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patchlevel 2 or earlier, please run
scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.plonce during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- if you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Renamed ‘OTRS Free’ to ‘((OTRS)) Community Edition’.
- Bug#13824 – Search conditions in AdminProcessManagement are resetted.
- Bug#13889 – Postmaster filter value limit is 100 characters in frontend.
- Bug#13868 – Customer User Title is not translated.
- Bug#13142 – Error The given param ‘QueueIDs’ is invalid or an empty array reference.
- Bug#13826 – Queue Names are translated (but should not).
- Bug#13846 – Ticket invoker base module does not use modernized fields.
- Bug#13795 – Transition Action ‘TicketTitleSet’: Tag of a dyn. field type ‘date’ display the time, too.
- Follow-up for Bug#7988 – Search attributes not consistent.
- Bug#12864 – Hang in my_readline (updated Net::HTTP).
- Bug#12994 – Merge Tickets with same linked objects causes error.
- Bug#13831 – Invalid Web services are still working.
- Bug#13805 – Distribution OpenBSD is not recognized by support data collector.
- Bug#11132 – Loss of attached files with long Cyrillic names.
- Bug#13554 – Non-allowed characters in attachment file names.
- Bug#13794 – Missleading label that customer can be recipient of notifications as group recipient.
- Bug#13750 – Process Widget Group not Translatable.
- Bug#13739 – Wrong Sysconfig descriptions for public interface.
- Bug#13734 – Set the last valid Status Merge to invalid is allowed.
- Bug#13717 – AgentTicketService can slow down a system, when having many services and many agents working on there.
- Bug#10709 – ACL for Action AgentTicketBulk are inconsistent.
- Bug#5562 – Options configured in Sysconfig aren’t used untill a restart of OTRS when deployed on FastCGI.
- Bug#13537 – Changing customer user doesn’t update the Customer Information box.
- Bug#13723 – Wrong navigation group for Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketProcess###StateType.
- Bug#13718 – CacheTTLLocal setting for the TicketQueueOverview Dashboard Widget is not used.
- Bug#13673(PR#1899) – Mandatory fields are not marked as mandatory. Thanks to Balazs Ur.
- Bug#7988 – Search attributes not consistent.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_28/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: