Release Notes: OTRS 5s Patch Level 36
May 31, 2019 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 36th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note that from now on we will only officially support OTRS 6 and following versions for regular maintenance. The last supported version for security fixes is OTRS 5.
Important for Updating
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuildafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patchlevel 2 or earlier, please run
scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.plonce during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- if you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Synchronized translations.
- Bug#14491 – Ticket::DefineEmailFrom not used for external notes. Added new system configuration options
Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketZoom###DefaultAgentNameto define if agent name should be shown in external notes in the customer interface or should use a default generic name instead.
- Bug#14398 – External images are automatically loaded in forward screen. New system configuration named
Ticket::Frontend::BlockLoadingRemoteContenthas been added. It controls if loading of external resources will be blocked. By default this feature is disabled.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_36/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: