September 24, 2013 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the third beta release of OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 Sunrise Beach Ko Lipe....
- Added md5sum.pl script in scripts/tools – to easily generate md5sums on platforms that need it (Windows).
- Added Kernel::System::Environment, a module that has methods to get information about the current system. Features information about OS, database, perl and OTRS.
- Speed up template rendering for large pages, thanks to Moritz Lenz (noris network AG).
- OTRS is now ready for Retina displays.
- Improved skinning abilities through usage of font symbols (FontAwesome by Dave Gandy) instead of real images.
- Improved overall performance through smaller amount of (image) files to load.
1. BETTER PRODUCTIVITY
- Dashboard ticket lists and regular ticket overviews can now be filtered by eligible ticket columns, and the shown columns are configurable.
- Ticket medium and preview overviews are now sortable.
- Added a calendar widget for the dashboard that can show tickets as events.
- Added new dashboard widget that shows in a matrix form the number of tickets per state and per queue.
- Agents can now mark important articles.
- A new tree selection widget makes working with tree data (queues, services etc.) much faster and easier.
- Added support to search relative dates ( e.g. more than 1 month ago ) in Date and Date/Time dynamic fields.
- It is now possible to specify templates (previously “standard responses”) also for creation of new tickets and for ticket forwarding.
- The list of available processes can now be filtered by ACLs.
- Added support to initiate processes from Customer Interface.
- In many places text is not shortened any more by a fixed number of characters (“Queue1…”), but instead by available screen estate. This makes it possible to see more information at once.
- OTRS is now Retina-ready. Images have been adapted to match the higher resolutions and most of the image icons have been replaced by font characters from the FontAwesome webfont (since OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 beta3).
2. IMPROVED WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- OTRS can now use multiple customer company databases, thanks to Cyrille @ belnet-ict.
- OTRS can now automatically store customer user data in ticket dynamic fields for permanent storage in the ticket. This can be useful for reporting.
- OTRS is now able correctly assign incoming emails to existing tickets based on ticket numbers from external systems.
- OTRS can now fetch email also over POP3/TLS connections.
3. IMPROVED INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Web Installer now can setup OTRS on PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server databases in addition to MySQL.
- Generic agent jobs can now be executed for configured ticket events.
- The new graphical ACL editor makes ACL editing easier.
- Postmaster filters can now use negated filter conditions, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Postmaster filters can now specify relative pending dates and Owner / Responsible for new tickets based on incoming email data.
- Customer and Agent passwords now can be encrypted using the strong bcrypt algorithm, which is better than SHA.
- Many icons now use an icon font which makes it much easier to create custom skins with different base colors. This also improves overall performance through smaller amount of (image) files to load (since OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 beta3).
OTRS 3.3 includes many other small bug fixes, performance improvements or new features, some of which were contributed by the community. Please see the CHANGELOG for details.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.3.x:
- Make sure you run <code>bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl</code> after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.2.x: Please read the UPGRADING.md and INSTALL.md files for detailed instructions.
- Fixed a bug where session storage in DB fails on MySQL 5.6.
- Bug#9726 – otrs.DeleteCache.pl returns error state if cache was empty.
- Bug#9728 – Bulk action (send email) ignores reply-to address from unknown customers.
- Bug#9705 – Ticket search result screen is empty.
- Bug#9661 – Useless code in DynamicField backend.
- Bug#9713 – Agent Ticket Search Results settings leads to Search screen.
- Bug#9701 – Ticket overview Queue Sort Filter is missing.
- Bug#8777 – 508 Compliance: No indication of the meaning of asterisks throughout the application.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3_0_beta3/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
- OTRS 3.3 supports only UTF-8 as internal character set. Non-UTF-8 installations of OTRS must switch to UTF-8.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: