November 05, 2013 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the release candidate of OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 Sunrise Beach Ko Lipe....
- Updated French translation, thanks to Olivier Sallou.
- Updated Italian translation, thanks to Luca Maranzano.
- Added support for Apache 2.4 in the web server configuration file.
- Added new toolbar shortcut for “New process ticket”.
- Speed up Kernel::System::TemplateGenerator, thanks to Moritz Lenz @ noris network!
- Improved creation of sequences on Oracle databases to better support Oracle RAC clusters.
1. BETTER PRODUCTIVITY
- Dashboard ticket lists and regular ticket overviews can now be filtered by eligible ticket columns, and the shown columns are configurable.
- Ticket medium and preview overviews are now sortable.
- Added a calendar widget for the dashboard that can show tickets as events.
- Added new dashboard widget that shows in a matrix form the number of tickets per state and per queue.
- Agents can now mark important articles.
- A new tree selection widget makes working with tree data (queues, services etc.) much faster and easier.
- Added support to search relative dates ( e.g. more than 1 month ago ) in Date and Date/Time dynamic fields.
- It is now possible to specify templates (previously “standard responses”) also for creation of new tickets and for ticket forwarding.
- The list of available processes can now be filtered by ACLs.
- Added support to initiate processes from Customer Interface.
- In many places text is not shortened any more by a fixed number of characters (“Queue1…”), but instead by available screen estate. This makes it possible to see more information at once.
- OTRS is now Retina-ready. Images have been adapted to match the higher resolutions and most of the image icons have been replaced by font characters from the FontAwesome webfont (since OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 beta3).
- Added new feature “management dashboard”. This makes it possible to display statistic charts in the dashboard. Please not that IE8 does not support this feature.
2. IMPROVED WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- OTRS can now use multiple customer company databases, thanks to Cyrille @ belnet-ict.
- OTRS can now automatically store customer user data in ticket dynamic fields for permanent storage in the ticket. This can be useful for reporting.
- OTRS is now able correctly assign incoming emails to existing tickets based on ticket numbers from external systems.
- OTRS can now fetch email also over POP3/TLS connections.
3. IMPROVED INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Web Installer now can setup OTRS on PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server databases in addition to MySQL.
- OTRS now has full support for MySQL 5.6.
- Generic agent jobs can now be executed for configured ticket events
- The new graphical ACL editor makes ACL editing easier.
- Postmaster filters can now use negated filter conditions, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Postmaster filters can now specify relative pending dates and Owner / Responsible for new tickets based on incoming email data.
- Customer and Agent passwords now can be encrypted using the strong bcrypt algorithm, which is better than SHA.
- Many icons now use an icon font which makes it much easier to create custom skins with different base colors. This also improves overall performance through smaller amount of (image) files to load (since OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 beta3).
OTRS 3.3 includes many other small bug fixes, performance improvements or new features, some of which were contributed by the community. Please see the CHANGELOG for details.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.3.x:
- Make sure you run <code>bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl</code> after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.2.x: Please read the UPGRADING.md and INSTALL.md files for detailed instructions.
- Bug#9910 – Startup warnings/errors with Perl 5.18.1.
- Bug#9902 – Column Filters does not use NavBarFilters and other parameters.
- Bug#9753 – META HTTP-EQUIV=”Refresh” tag not stripped from HTML email.
- Bug#9897 – process ticket ‘fading away’ -> Process is invalid.
- Bug#9850 – Dashboard Filter error in ticket and page count.
- Bug#9888 – Warning when using standard template.
- Bug#9749 – Using spell checker in rich text Editor strips HTML formatting.
- Bug#4465 – Spell checker ispell ignores some characters such German umlauts.
- Bug#9890 – Cannot use unicode content in DTL files.
- Bug#9889 – Browser does not interpret CSS/JS files as UTF8.
- Bug#9839 – Inline images not showing up when cookies are disabled.
- Bug#9870 – <OTRS_CUSTOMER_FROM> not replaced in notification emails.
Moved process import functionality in the backend module Kernel/System/ProcessManagement/DB/Process.pm.
- Bug#9880 – Auto response editor looses HTML formatting.
- Bug#9872 – Default service is not applied to new customerusers.
- Bug#9863 – Reset single filter in overviews leads to no results page.
- Bug#9864 – No filter icon for dynamic fields in ticket overviews.
- Bug#9844 – Column filter not saved on ticket overviews.
- Bug#9842 – Script backup.pl fails to create backup in given directory.
- Bug#9855 – OTRS can’t connect to IMAP/TLS based servers from Windows.
- Bug#9828 – Dynamic field updates of unchanged dynamic fields cause event based actions to fail.
- Bug#9821 – Wrong description in Ticket::Frontend::AgentTicketLockedView###DefaultColumns.
- Bug#9838 – OPM line endings changed by mail client leading to unverified package.
- Bug#9835 – Redirect on IIS 7 leads to login screen.
- Bug#9834 – Remove any double quotes in the email sender.
- Bug#9669 – Accessibility: ticket submenu not expandable with the keyboard.
- Bug#9737 – Sort order in queue view labelled incorrectly for all columns except age.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3_0_rc1/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
- OTRS 3.3 supports only UTF-8 as internal character set. Non-UTF-8 installations of OTRS must switch to UTF-8.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: