November 12, 2013 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the first stable release of OTRS Help Desk 3.3.1 Sunrise Beach Ko Lipe....
- Updated Chinese simplified translation, thanks to Michael Shi.
1. BETTER PRODUCTIVITY
- Dashboard ticket lists and regular ticket overviews can now be filtered by eligible ticket columns, and the shown columns are configurable.
- Ticket medium and preview overviews are now sortable.
- Added a calendar widget for the dashboard that can show tickets as events.
- Added new dashboard widget that shows in a matrix form the number of tickets per state and per queue.
- Agents can now mark important articles.
- A new tree selection widget makes working with tree data (queues, services etc.) much faster and easier.
- Added support to search relative dates ( e.g. more than 1 month ago ) in Date and Date/Time dynamic fields.
- It is now possible to specify templates (previously “standard responses”) also for creation of new tickets and for ticket forwarding.
- The list of available processes can now be filtered by ACLs.
- Added support to initiate processes from Customer Interface.
- In many places text is not shortened any more by a fixed number of characters (“Queue1…”), but instead by available screen estate. This makes it possible to see more information at once.
- OTRS is now Retina-ready. Images have been adapted to match the higher resolutions and most of the image icons have been replaced by font characters from the FontAwesome webfont (since OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 beta3).
- Added new feature “management dashboard”. This makes it possible to display statistic charts in the dashboard. Please not that IE8 does not support this feature.
2. IMPROVED WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- OTRS can now use multiple customer company databases, thanks to Cyrille @ belnet-ict.
- OTRS can now automatically store customer user data in ticket dynamic fields for permanent storage in the ticket. This can be useful for reporting.
- OTRS is now able correctly assign incoming emails to existing tickets based on ticket numbers from external systems.
- OTRS can now fetch email also over POP3/TLS connections.
3. IMPROVED INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Web Installer now can setup OTRS on PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server databases in addition to MySQL.
- OTRS now has full support for MySQL 5.6.
- Generic agent jobs can now be executed for configured ticket events
- The new graphical ACL editor makes ACL editing easier.
- Postmaster filters can now use negated filter conditions, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Postmaster filters can now specify relative pending dates and Owner / Responsible for new tickets based on incoming email data.
- Customer and Agent passwords now can be encrypted using the strong bcrypt algorithm, which is better than SHA.
- Many icons now use an icon font which makes it much easier to create custom skins with different base colors. This also improves overall performance through smaller amount of (image) files to load (since OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 beta3).
OTRS 3.3 includes many other small bug fixes, performance improvements or new features, some of which were contributed by the community. Please see the CHANGELOG for details.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.3.x:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.2.x: Please read the UPGRADING.md and INSTALL.md files for detailed instructions.
- Bug#9639 – TextArea validation message not translated.
- Bug#9938 – ActivityDialog doesn’t show queues with move_into permissions.
- Bug#9942 – installer.pl returns “The check ” doesn’t exist!” after mail configuration.
- Bug#9862 – Missing Dynamic Field column headers in dashboard widgets.
- Bug#9940 – Fedora misses dependency on Sys::Syslog.
- Bug#9930 – CustomerInformationCenter breaks navigation bar.
- Bug#9934 – Customer RichText Editor is not aligned with other fields.
- Bug#9931 – After upgrading to MIME::Tools 5.504 (without OTRS patches) SMIME signatures are broken.
- Bug#9778 – Web Installer fails on SQL Server Named Instances.
- Bug#9916 – Error when updating CustomerUser Login on ForeignDB.
- Bug#9841 – Tabbing changes radio button of owner change selection.
- Bug#9867 – Validation errors are not shown correctly when replying to a ticket in Customer Interface.
- Bug#9923 – Application type XML config files does not overwrite framework ones.
- Bug#9926 – Cookies do not set HttpOnly attribute.
- Bug#9914 – Spellchecker ignores double wrong words.
- Bug#9832 – Perl 5.18.1 problems with MIME::Entity.
- Bug#9924 – Scheduler can not stop or restart correctly if was started by another host.
- Bug#9918 – Dropdown field in tree mode are not displayed in tree mode when opening CustomerTicketProcess.
- Bug#9840 – Toolbar Icons not shown correctly in IE8.
- Bug#9901 – CustomerFatalError expand/collapse error details is broken.
- Bug#9891 – Table header of dashboard widgets text misaligned.
- Bug#9903 – CustomerTicketOverview: Column header may wrap into table content.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3_1/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
- OTRS 3.3 supports only UTF-8 as internal character set. Non-UTF-8 installations of OTRS must switch to UTF-8.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: