Release Notes: OTRS 4 Patch Level 3
December 16, 2014 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the third patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 3.3 and OTRS 4.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.plafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#10935 – “bin/otrs.ArticleStorageSwitch.pl” not working any more.
- Bug#10868 – Impossible to remove filter in dashboard-block when no tickets are found.
- Bug#10904 – Upon entering CIC, search only returns hits during the first search.
- Bug#10873 – Agent names sorted incorrectly in AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#10944 – Multiple selection in Tree Selection also affects filtered elements.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#6284 – Problem with unicode characters when using FastCGI.
- Bug#10899 – SplitQuote in WYSIWYG editor creates unnecessary empty quote line when splitting quote at end of line.
- Bug#10830 – Textarea Limitation in Generic Agent.
- Bug#10914 – Migration issue to 4.0.1 (mssql).
- Bug#10920 – ProcessManagement: Deleting Activities from canvas does not update process layout.
- Bug#10801 – Editor is extremely slow with large articles.
- Re-added possibility to have a custom RSS feed in Agent Dashboard.
- Enhanced Permission Checks in GenericInterface Ticket Connector.
- Bug#10926 – Missing Apache2::Reload.pm.
- Follow-up for Bug#10613 – Fixed the problem with calling TicketGet() twice.
- Bug#10922 – There is no automatic wildcard search in AdminCustomerCompany by default.
- Bug#10929 – Twice rewrap body in CustomerTicketZoom.
- Show only services assigned to the customer user in customer ticket search (configurable).
- Bug#10932 – JS error if no entry in queue list.
- Bug#10634 – ProcessManagement: Can not use an arbitrary email address as a CustomerUser.
- Bug#10901 – Database Update to 4.pl.
- Bug#10917 – Wrong messages for password reset.
- Bug#10916 – Missing values AgentTicketEscalation / Localize function call does not work.
- Bug#10897 – PDFs don’t open in browser.
- Bug#10839 – ACL cannot set possible TicketType in AgentTicketPhone and AgentTicketEmail.
- Bug#10776 – Medium and Large view don’t indicate active filters.
- Bug#10808 – Set of pending time is not working at all in Frontend::Agent::Ticket::ViewNote.
- Bug#10843 – Adding Queue’s with same name in AdminQueue leads to SQL error message.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_3/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.