November 25, 2014 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk software and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) software, today announces the stable release of the OTRS::ITSM Module 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 3.3 and OTRS 4.
What’s New in OTRS::ITSM 4
NEW FEATURES of OTRS::ITSM 4
- Added new translation for Swahili!
- Ported code to the OTRS 4 framework
- New powerful template engine based on Template::Toolkit.
- A central object manager makes creating and using global objects much easier.
- OTRS::ITSM Module 4 includes many other small bug fixes and improvements.
- All OTRS::ITSM Module 4 translations will be now managed exclusively via Transifex: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/OTRS/resources/ Please sign up for a free translators login on http://www.transifex.com and join one of the language teams if you want to contribute to the OTRS::ITSM Module.
2. ITSM Incident Problem Management
- Improved and more flexible incident state link propagation. It is now possible to add more than one link type for the incident state calculation, as well to define the link direction for each link type. (Take a look at the sysconfig option “ITSM::Core::IncidentLinkTypeDirection”)
- GenericInterface for ITSM Configuration Management. This feature contains operations for creating, changing, retrieving and searching configuration items via GenericInterface.
3. ITSM Configuration Management
- Bulk actions for ITSM Configuration Management. This feature provides a screen to perform certain actions over a selection of ITSM Configuration Items.
- New color flag for the “deployment state” in ITSM Configuration Management. This feature adds a flag column to the Configuration Item Overviews with the color of the Deployment State, it also adds a color picker to the General Catalog to define the color preference of each Deployment State.
4. ITSM Change Management
- Dynamic fields for ITSM Change Management. The freetext fields for changes and workorder have been migrated to more flexible dynamic fields.
- Improved and easier handling of templates for changes, workorders and change advisory boards (CAB). It is now easier to edit a template by selecting it from the template overview. A new change or workorder will be created, which can then be edited and saved back in to the same template, while the change or workorder will be deleted after it has been saved.
- Bug# 10862 – ExpressionAdd failed on oracle when using an empty compare value.
Important for Upgrading
- Please refresh your repository listing via the package manager and choose install/upgrade from the online repository section.
- For installations without internet access, please download the package from our FTP server and install it via the package manager (bundle package installation).
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.