February 25, 2014 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Report a Vulnerability
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2014-03
- Date: 2014-02-25
- Title: XSS issue
- Severity: Low (Overall CVSS Score : 3.4)
- Product: OTRS 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.3.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 3.1.20, 3.2.15, 3.3.5
- URL: https://community.otrs.com/security-advisory-2014-03-xss-issue/
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:N/AC:M/AU:N/C:N/I:P/A:N/E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C/CDP:ND/TD:ND/CR:ND/IR:ND/AR:ND)
- References: CVE-2014-1695
This Advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS core system.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 3.1.x up to and including 3.1.19, 3.2.x up to and including 3.2.14 and 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.4.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS and the affected packages, and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Here are detailed informations about the required changes:
- 3.3: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/c128feee38b0255e2a7b66ed70640b9e57cc3633
- 3.2: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/afceeb6ab464ddb6f64b8ae4942950661754e272
- 3.1: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/d115b608733a56533c3ba3462a69e298104b1c59
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Adam Ziaja (http://adamziaja.com) for discovering and reporting this issue.