April 01, 2014 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Report a vulnerability
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2014-05
- Date: 2014-04-01
- Title: Clickjacking issue
- Severity: Low (Overall CVSS Score : 2)
- Product: OTRS 3.1.x, 3.2.x, 3.3.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 3.1.21, 3.2.16, 3.3.6
- URL: https://community.otrs.com/security-advisory-2014-05-clickjacking-issue/
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:N/AC:H/AU:N/C:N/I:P/A:N/E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C/CDP:ND/TD:ND/CR:ND/IR:ND/AR:ND)
- References: CVE-2014-2554
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS core system.
- An attacker could embed OTRS in a hidden
<iframe>tag of another page, tricking the user into clicking links in OTRS.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 3.1.x up to and including 3.1.20, 3.2.x up to and including 3.2.15 and 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.5.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS and the affected packages, and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Here are detailed informations about the required changes:
- 3.3: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/75e1017de1a1071e6a77ae75cb7529514387de1a
- 3.2: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/41bd8bf9fe0c9c6b8db8deadbd6a841ee2eb08ad
- 3.1: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/aa6a0a334324f18d4a147a49b2b1b2f56d8f24ca
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Adam Ziaja (http://adamziaja.com) for discovering and reporting this issue.