Security Advisory 2018-07: Security Update for OTRS Framework
November 09, 2018 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2018-07
- Date: 2018-11-09
- Title: Remote File Deletion
- Severity: 5.6. Medium
- Product: OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x, OTRS 4.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 6.0.13, OTRS 5.0.31, OTRS 4.0.33
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: TBD
- References: CVE-2018-19143
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
An attacker who is logged into OTRS as a user may manipulate the submission form to cause deletion of arbitrary files that the OTRS web server user has write access to.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.12, OTRS 5.0.x up to and including OTRS 5.0.30 and OTRS 4.0.x. up to and including OTRS 4.0.32.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/7e8eda7836e6a90a5914de3e29fa405a2ef1a104
- OTRS 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/c9774f83d2559caac6373f75f8c2e966c194db81
- OTRS 4: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/d622d3d93d21bc9331073200b913cc4f9c5541f1
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Francesco Sirocco for discovering and reporting this issue.