April 26, 2019 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2019-04
- Date: 2019-04-26
- Title: XXE Processing
- Severity: 6.1 medium
- Product: OTRS 7.0.x, OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 7.0.7, OTRS 6.0.18, OTRS 5.0.35
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2019-9892
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
An attacker who is logged into OTRS as an agent user with appropriate permissions may try to import carefully crafted Report Statistics XML that will result in reading of arbitrary files of OTRS filesystem.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of OTRS 7.0.x up to and including 7.0.6, 6.0.x up to and including 6.0.17 and 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.34.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/3617488c6c28e06203e4127c7b031140f775a685
- OTRS 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/c3b9342a85c6f2c9382e074ad9cc440ce80a6f34
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Piotr Domirski for discovering and reporting this issue.