November 01, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 19th patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Added a new agent session limit prior warning notification (SysConfig setting ‘AgentSessionLimitPriorWarning’) and added the concurrent agent management for the OTRS Business Solution™.
- Improved sandboxing of displayed attachments.
- Added possibility to define Minimum and Maximum framework version in opm files (e.g. <Framework Minimum=”4.0.19″>4.0.x</Framework>).
- Added additional positive ResponseCodes for Generic Interface transport module REST, thanks to Robert Ullrich.
- Bug#11766 – Ticket unlock via Generic Interface not possible.
- Bug#12311 – Process names are listed by ID instead of by name.
- Bug#666 – INSERTs into ‘ticket_history’ fail sometimes.
- Bug#12284 – Precious little information regarding SMIME signatures.
- Bug#12343 – Cache kept for ViewableLocks.
- Bug#12351 – Multiple sort / order parameters for Ticket::Frontend::Agent::Dashboard.
- Bug#12341 – Wrong <OTRS_TICKET_DynamicField_NameX_Value> in ProcessManagement Transition Actions.
- Bug#12272 – Tickets in status “removed” get reopened from Junk Queue.
- Bug#10117 – Filter in queue view for customer userID shows only customers from given backend. Thanks to S7.
- Bug#12331 – pdf generation runs in to errors on spllited pages because of many columns.
- Bug#12306(PR#1474) – SOAP won’t use certificates, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#12283 – If Customer users <-> Groups is activated, some queues are not available in the customer interface, when starting a process ticket.
- Bug#12305 – Incorrect charset handling in content type of SOAP messages.
- Bug#12301 – CSV reading code is broken, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
- Bug#12134 – Tag <OTRS_CUSTOMER_REALNAME> wrongly documented.
- Bug#11922 – Notification to non RealCustomer.
- Bug#11365 – ACLs editor shows actions where ACLs does not apply.
- Bug#5149 – Incomplete multipart/mixed processing causes incomplete display of e-mails.
- Bug#11250 – KernelOutputHTMLPreferencesCustomService.pm Param() sub calls Service.pm ServiceList() without KeepChildren param.
- Bug#12199 – ProcessManagement: Comma separated Lastnames are not shown correctly on article creation.
- Bug#12079 – Regex in transition condition not working for empty match.
- Bug#12280 – GenericAgent job does not send out notifications, even when the option is set to Yes. Thanks to Johannes Hoerburger.
- Bug#7288 – Hyperlink creation cuts URLs after a closing square bracket.
- Bug#12257 – Ticketnotification: Ticketfilter of a uncheck checkbox doesn’t work.
- Bug#12106 – Use of uninitialized value in splice.
- Bug#12233 – ACL for restricting services depending on queue does not work as exspected.
- Bug#12263 – Time-related search attributes only cover last 10 years.
- Bug#12236 – ACL – negate a role.
- Bug#12242 – GenericInterface Dynamic Fields with multiple values not possible (TicketCreate).
- Bug#12258 – restore.pl doesn’t work with crypted passwords.
- Bug#12212 – otrs.PendingJobs.pl: Pending Reminder notification not sent if pending auto states are deactivated.
- Bug#12222 – closing curly bracket in hyperlink.
- Bug#9460 – Under some circumstances OTRS does not join Tickets to the Customernumber.
- Bug#12246 – HTML mail not displayed correctly.
- Bug#12245 – Missing information for Article Dynamic Fields update event thanks to Rene (rwese).
- Bug#12229 – Queue is not selectable if the name contains “<” or “>” characters.
- Bug#12224 – Plain password stored in database temporarily when adding new users.
- Bug#11981 – GenericTicketConnector ignoring “<ContentSearch>OR</ContentSearch>” in full text search.
- Bug#12205 – Default setting for Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketMessage###TicketTypeDefault incorrect.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_19/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.