December 13, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 20th patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Removed superfluous colons in table heading, thanks to Balázs Úr (PR#1566).
- Bug#12483 – YAML load problems with dynamic fields.
- Bug#12472 – Bug in Output Filter Frontend::Output::FilterText###AAAUR: wrong FTP recognition.
- Bug#12457 – text/html Part only E-Mails with HTML Entities are Converted to Incorrect Charset.
- Bug#12293 – Auto response presents confidential information from internal communication to customer user. Please note that for this fix, the configuration setting “PostMaster::PostFilterModule###000-FollowUpArticleTypeCheck” was renamed to “PostMaster::PreCreateFilterModule###000-FollowUpArticleTypeCheck”. If you had customized the old setting, please also apply your customizations to the new setting.
- Bug#1370 – Postmaster filters with 2 match conditions doesnt work.
- Bug#12450 – Error handling with ???. Thanks to Dorothea Doerffel.
- Bug#12461 – Chrome can not display attached PDF files since 5.0.14.
- Fixed error when importing emails without valid address in From field, thanks to Paweł Bogusławski (PR#1559).
- Fixed warnings when saving permissions for users and roles, thanks to Paweł Bogusławski (PR#1557).
- Bug#12438 – Race condition in ArticleCreate.
- Bug#12353 – DynamicField Multiselect default value is not correct on creation. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12418 – Blinking mechanism not working.
- Bug#12415 – Problems with malformed utf8 chars in emails.
- Bug#12403 – Ticketview M or L actionline in ie11 not working.
- Bug#12410 – ACL GUI doesn not contain AgentTicketSearch.
- Bug#12395 – Support Data Collector Plugin Table Charset incorrectly reports utf8 Problem for a Table View.
- Bug#12408 – Missing SecretConfigOptions in TemplateGenerator.
- Bug#12400 – Package manager does not list freely selectable features via cloud service.
- Bug#12384 – Stats translates ticket type values.
- Bug#12316 – No tickets found, empty lines in customer user management on () in uid. Thanks to Paweł Bogusławski (PR#1510).
- Bug#12397 – backup.pl doesn’t backup articles in special case. Thanks to Jens Pfeifer.
- Bug#12285 – Invalid customer user still receive admin notification.
- Bug#12391 – Base64 encoded image does not display in article.
- Bug#12369 – Errors in deleting tickets. Thanks to S7.
- Bug#12367 – * in CustomerID breaks all CustomerUser.CustomerIDs.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#9460 – Under some circumstances OTRS does not join Tickets to the Customernumber.
- Bug#11073 – Default expanded article in queue view (preview mode) should not be an autoreply.
- Bug#12334 – Net::SSLGlue issues warnings on modern systems.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_20/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.