September 19, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 25th patch level release of OTRS 4.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Improved validation in statistic import and export.
- Decreased the default value for the ‘SessionMaxIdleTime’ to two hours and fixed session counting to ignore sessions originating from the GenericInterface.
- Removed the config option ‘SessionActiveTime’ and use from now the ‘SessionMaxIdleTime’ for the session limit.
- Bug#7307 – mixed html/plain e-mail.
- Bug#13019 – Service translated in AdminSLA overview screen.
- Bug#13053 – There are no dialogs available at this point in the process is not shown.
- Bug#13081 – Article field not mandatory if an attachment is added.
- Bug#13075 – Short description for “pending time” not shown in D.
- Bug#13083 – OTRS Business Solution Logout Logo is OTRSFree.
- Bug#13060 – Customer User input field is refocused on click away.
- Bug#13052 – Explaining text is missing from the New ticket view on the customer interface in case of mandatory texts.
- Bug#13029 – In the widget of Dashboard the names of agents are displayed not according to the sysconfig.
- Bug#12971 – AgentTicketMove – Queue list on AJAX update does not honor ListType setting.
- Bug#13011 – Bad expiry value in a cookie.
- Bug#13015 – SysConfig: Problem with unknown valid init types in XML configurations.
- Bug#11512 – ACL Type field restriction on DynamicField change in AgentTicketProcess does not work.
- Bug#13003 – Statistic shows Out of Office info in agent name.
- Bug#12871 – TicketACL->_GetChecks fills Param with Ticket values and form ones are lost.
- Bug#12962 – Dynamic fields list values are not updated when the state is changed in AgentTicketActionCommon.
- Bug#12932 – Timeline view collides with Ticket::Frontend::ZoomExpand.
- Bug#12912 – Solution Time shows 33 Minutes – even though nothing is configured.
- Bug#12913 – Articles do not load in IFRAME.
- Bug#12734 – Dropdown not considered into TicketSolutionResponseTime Statistic.
- Bug#12648 – User cache is being deleted every time a user logins and LDAP sync causes a user update.
- Bug#12918 – Wrong ticket escalation solution time notification.
- Bug#12930 – Dynamic field headers are not translated in the Small overview.
- Bug#12931 – Notification of escalated tickets is not displayed in service view.
- Bug#12881 – Cache FileStorable race conditions provokes “Magic number checking on storable string failed” messages.
- Bug#12671 – ACL to restrict Status based on InputFields (TicketProperties) not working as expected.
- Bug#12904 – Ticket::Frontend::CustomerSearchAutoComplete used in CustomerTicketProcess but not in SysConfig available.
- Reverted fix for Bug#7811 – GenericAgent Search produces inconsistent results.
- Bug#12865 – Send empty Mail reply without Quote.
- Bug#12891 – Article Forward creates a wrong Time Stamp in Mail View.
- Bug#12883 – From parameter in URL for preallocation of a customer is not working if a customer username is already contained in customer ID.
- Bug#12108 – Kernel::System::EmailParser not fully functional in Entity-Mode.
- Bug#10683 – Custom column order in dashboard gets mixed after changing the “shown tickets” value.
- Bug#12560 – Search DynamicField or Condition.
- Bug#9731 – Reply screen uses only email instead of full customer details.
- Bug#12892 – CreatedBy-User: No real name in an overview.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12703 – dynamic list and dynamic matrix interpret agent/user Userfirstname.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12090 – 2-second sleep between email fetching causes bad performance on systems with high email traffic.
- Bug#12885 – Customer User search shows always only one result.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11513 – Out of Office is missing in owner dropdown.
- Bug#12781 – AdminCustomerCompany allows only one customer company backend.
- Bug#12890 – Mask New Mail Ticket – signature frame require login.
- Bug#12854 – ACL Editor shows wrong values.
- Bug#12808 – Wrong counting in Dashlets for “Ticket in My Queues”.
- Bug#12816 – GI Ticket operations require time value for Dynamic Fields of type “Date”.
- Bug#11212 – Validity of customer company has no impact in CIC search.
- Bug#10681 – Dynamic Field Creation Default Field Order Error.
- Bug#12752 – Regular expression for dynamic field also affects search.
- Bug#12835 – Wrong Event in History – ProcessManagement Article Field.
- Bug#12862 – Queues don’t update when ACL triggers.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_25/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.