November 18, 2014 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the release candidate of OTRS 4....
What’s New in OTRS Help Desk 4 rc
WHAT’S NEW IN OTRS 4 rc1
- Updated translation files, thanks to all translators.
- Added the possibility to define a sleeptime to a lot of .pl scripts to improve behaviour on production systems.
- Agents can now make use of templates in all screens with internal notes.
- Added new screen for outgoing emails on a ticket that are not replies.
- Ticket action screens (such as note, owner etc.) now allow to do actions without always creating an article (configurable).
- New ticket overview based on “my services” that an agent can subscribe to. Notification options for new tickets and follow-ups can now be based on “my queues”, “my services” or combinations of both.
- OTRS can now display tickets with thousands of articles.
- Customer online list in Dashboard now links directly to CustomerInformationCenter page for the customer.
- Agents can now persistently reorder their main menu with drag&drop.
- Agents and customers can now search tickets by attachment name.
- Added functionality to search for the last change time of the ticket (TicketLastChangeTimeOlderMinutes, TicketLastChangeTimeNewerMinutes, TicketLastChangeTimeNewerDate, TicketLastChangeTimeOlderDate).
- New Dashboard Widget for running process tickets.
- Added Excel export as an alternative to CSV export.
- Added calendar specific weekday start options for date picker.
2. SCALABILITY & PERFORMANCE
- OTRS 4 can handle more concurrent users/requests on the same hardware, and response times for single requests are shorter as well, especially for pages with lots of data.
3. WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- The GenericInterface now also supports HTTP REST as network transport protocol.
4. INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Postmaster filters are no longer limited to 4 match/set fields. They can now have a configurable amount of fields (default 12, up to 99).
- A new configuration option
Ticket::MergeDynamicFieldsmakes it possible to specify which dynamic fields should also be merged when a ticket is merged to another ticket.
- Added new options to check dynamic fields of type text on patterns relating to error messages (translated), if they do not match.
- Added new options to restrict dynamic fields of type date/datetime on future or past dates.
- OTRS can be configured to automatically unlock a ticket if articles are added and the owner is out of office.
- Linked tickets of a specific type (e.g. merged or removed) can now be hidden via SysConfig option.
- ACL handling has been improved, made more consistent and easier to debug.
- Added new ACL option
PossibleAddto add items to a possible list without resetting (like
- Added new ACL value modifiers
[Notregexp], for all ACLs parts.
- Added new ACL option
- Process handling has been improved, made more consistent and easier to debug.
- A new GUID-based entity naming scheme for the OTRS Process configuration makes it possible to safely transfer processes from one system to another without duplicating the entities.
- Added new Transition Action to create a new ticket.
- Added possibility to define variable Transition Action attributes based on current process ticket values.
- The possibility to schedule System Maintenance periods is available from the System Administration panel in the Admin interface.
- A notification about an incoming System Maintenance period will be shown with some (configurable) time in advance.
- If a System Maintenance is active, a notification about it will be shown on the Agent and Customer interface, and only admin users can log on to the system.
- An overview screen informs admins about active sessions, which can be ended all on one click or one by one.
- Added possibility to disable sysconfig import via configuration.
- Added Apache MD5 as a new password hashing backend, thanks to Norihiro Tanaka.
- Added the possibility to restrict customer self registration by email address whitelist or blacklist, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Added new dashboard module that shows the output of an external command, thanks to ib.pl.
- New powerful template engine based on Template::Toolkit.
- A central object manager makes creating and using global objects much easier (thanks to Moritz Lenz @ noris network).
- The OPM package format was extended to signal that a package has been merged into another package, allowing the package manager to correctly handle this situation on package installation or update.
- Caching was centralized in one global cache object which also performs in-memory caching for all data.
- Added cache benchmark script, thanks to ib.pl.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 4:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.plafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 3.3.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#10866 – Wrong default article shown in AgentTicketZoom.
- Bug#7369 – LinkQoute fails for some characters in hash or parameter.
- Bug#8404 – Wrong sorting of responses dropdown in TicketZoom.
- Bug#8781 – 508 Compliance: In Ticket Overviews the title attribute of large view link is incorrect.
- Bug#10669 – Maxlength validation of textarea dynamic fields does not work correctly in IE.
- Bug#10471 – Missing translations for tooltips of TicketOverviewSmall columns.
- Bug#10850 – Double-quoted special characters in title of dynamic field sidebar output in TicketZoom.
- Bug#10856 – TicketHistoryGet() dynamic field values.
- Bug#10805 – Open tickets in 3 days show right function but wrong number.
- Bug#10838 – Adding types with same name in AdminType leads to SQL error message.
- Bug#10799 – AgentTicketFreeText displays Service on top of queue.
- Bug#10842 – Customers missing when searching..
- Bug#10706 – dashboard settings are lost by different user login.
- Bug#10786 – TimeZoneUserBrowserAutoOffset not working with SSO.
- Bug#10613 – Tickets can be selected for bulk, even if locked.
- Bug#10577 – Service Center does not show MOD_PERL version on Ubuntu 14.04.
- Bug#10679 – Texts in notification tags loose their empty lines and spaces.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-4_0_0_rc1/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Please note that OTRS 5 will not support Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: