June 28, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 11th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved performance of CustomerGroup::GroupMemberList(), thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Allow users to configure columns in Linked Ticket widget on the TicketZoom screen.
- Faster new stat add operation, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
- Fixed performance issue in PermissionUserGet(), thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Add CustomerCompanyName Column to Dashboard and CIC, thanks to Ernst Oudhof.
- Added support for fractional time units in GenericInterface TicketConnector, thanks to Jonas Wanninger.
- Added a context menu entry in the richtext editor to allow for opening links in a new tab while editing.
- 7 Day Stats performance optimizations, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12143 – TicketSearch: if you filter a search attribute and then select ‘all’, the search screen disappear.
- Bug#12114 – Reply to an outbound email-internal may fail to be classified as email-internal.
- Bug#12100 – Error Premature end of script headers: index.pl when using long URL.
- Bug#11920 – Activity Dialogs will not translated.
- Bug#12131 – Parameter –with-header does not work.
- Bug#12088 – Possible race condition in scheduler worker daemon.
- Bug#11848 – Generic agent don’t set pending time without new pending state.
- Bug#11816(PR#940) – Ticket::Service::KeepChildren parameter – invalid Parent Service.
- Bug#12078 – AdminCustomerUser timeout because of too many customer users.
- Bug#12129 – Process Management: Ticket locks even when is not needed, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#12128 – Can not store 0 in Admin Customer screen, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Bug#12116 – Tooltip error messages in combination with modern input fields.
- Bug#12122 – Wrong offset in substr function, ForeignKeyCreate function.
- Bug#12020 – Option CaseSensitive has no impact on external customer database.
- Bug#12094 – Stats matrix with month columns and year rows gets first row wrong.
- Bug#12110 – ACL Queue limitation not working in CustomerTicketProcess, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#12085 – CIC search links don’t work when customer login contains parentheses.
- Fixed Internal Server Error on attachment removal page reload, thanks to Pawel Boguslawski.
- Bug#9241 – Ticket searching in GenericAgent not working as expected.
- Bug#8761 – OTRS doesn’t recognize URLs which contain nested URLs.
- Bug#11775 – Link search term preserved when target object is changed.
- Bug#12093 – OTRS Modern reply field issue.
- Bug#12005 – Daemon / Scheduler will not run commands.
- Bug#12074 – Redundant and confusing code in Kernel/System/TemplateGenerator.pm.
- Bug#12018 – HTML body not retrieved on by GI operation TicketGet (Added HTMLBodyAsAttachment parameter to retrieve is as an attachment).
- Bug#12090 – 2 second sleep between email fetching causes bad performance on systems with high email traffic.
- Bug#12099 – Passing parameters to CustomerTicketMessage doesn’t work correctly.
- Bug#12012 – JSON Response contains all Dynamic Fields in Article response.
- Bug#12069 – enabling/disabling Article Filter show wrong article.
- Bug#12087 – AdminTemplate loses HTML tags.
- Bug#8153 – When configuration area is not activated, it is still editable.
- Bug#12084 – Missing day names from 7 Day Stat.
- Bug#12066 – Hamburger icon shows up unwanted.
- Bug#9950 – Ticket Split takes uses system address as the customer.
- Bug#12045 – Not possible to create a Ticket using TransitionAction::TicketCreate with Owner instead of OwnerID.
- Bug#12062 – From field with dot is filled with spaces.
- Bug#9345 – OTRS exceeds 998 character limit in References Line of E-Mail Header.
- Bug#12061 – Secure::DisableBanner is ignored in Notification Mail.
- Bug#12058 – Attribute CreatedQueues and CreatedQueueIDs in dashboard widget does not work.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_11/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: