September 20, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 13th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added new console commands to print (Maint::Log::Print) and clear (Maint::Log::Clear) the OTRS log.
- Added additional positive ResponseCodes for Generic Interface transport module REST, thanks to Robert Ullrich.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11365 – ACLs editor shows actions where ACLs does not apply.
- Bug#12297 – AdminCustomerUser and AdminCustomerCompany generate log errors if RunInitialWildcardSearch is disabled.
- Bug#12296 – ArticleComposeCrypt.pm not in @INC after upgrade from 4 to 5.
- Bug#12290 – LDAP Size Limit exceeded is marked as error.
- Bug#5149 – Incomplete multipart/mixed processing causes incomplete display of e-mails.
- Followup for Bug#11922 – Notification to non RealCustomer.
- Bug#12199 – ProcessManagement: Comma separated Lastnames are not shown correctly on article creation.
- Bug#12079 – Regex in transition condition not working for empty match.
- Bug#12280 – GenericAgent job does not send out notifications, even when the option is set to Yes. Thanks to Johannes Hoerburger.
- Bug#12257 – Ticketnotification: Ticketfilter of a uncheck checkbox doesn’t work.
- Bug#7288 – Hyperlink creation cuts URLs after a closing square bracket.
- Bug#12106 – Use of uninitialized value in splice.
- Bug#12233 – ACL for restricting services depending on queue does not work as exspected.
- Bug#10608 – Can’t search tickets by CustomerID that contain quotes.
- Bug#12270 – AdminMailAccount – Mail account password returned back to form.
- Bug#12259 – Images in a note are lost when using “reply to note”.
- Bug#12263 – Time-related search attributes only cover last 10 years.
- Bug#12264 – Incorrect link to ACL documentation.
- Bug#12236 – ACL – negate a role.
- Bug#12242 – GenericInterface Dynamic Fields with multiple values not possible (TicketCreate).
- Bug#12261 – SupportBundle generator dialog has double separator lines.
- Bug#12225 – actual day can not be added if a dynamic field (Date) requires future date.
- Bug#12258 – restore.pl doesn’t work with crypted passwords.
- Bug#12210 – GenericAgent can not be submitted if a dynamic field (Date) requires future date.
- Bug#12222 – closing curly bracket in hyperlink.
- Bug#12243 – Modern input fields leaves broken selection on search field remove.
- Bug#12256 – Parameter “Active” in method QueueStandardTemplateMemberAdd is optional but method returns if not set.
- Bug#12134 – Tag <OTRS_CUSTOMER_REALNAME> wrongly documented.
- Bug#9460 – Under some circumstances OTRS does not join Tickets to the Customernumber.
- Bug#12249 – A submission of a note with attachment results in the display of empty message with attachment.
- Bug#12246 – HTML mail not displayed correctly.
- Bug#12252 – Support Bundle cannot be created via GUI if cloud services are disabled.
- Bug#12245 – Missing information for Article Dynamic Fields update event thanks to Rene (rwese).
- Bug#12229 – Queue is not selectable if the name contains “<” or “>” characters.
- Bug#4389 – Singular/plural issue with age.
- Bug#12218 – PostmasterFilter, not possible to set X-OTRS-DynamicField.
- Bug#4439 – Ticket sort order is based on database ids.
- Bug#12224 – Plain password stored in database temporarily when adding new users.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12150 – Ticket::HookDivider missing in TicketZoom and History View.
- Bug#12205 – Default setting for Ticket::Frontend::CustomerTicketMessage###TicketTypeDefault incorrect.
- Bug#12232 – Modern input fields leaves a broken value on refresh.
- Bug#12086 – Labels overflows for some languages.
- Bug#12221 – Key/value fields are very small in AdminProcessManagementTransitionAction.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_12/CHANGES.md
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: