November 17, 2015 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 3rd patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Added possibility to search for console commands. Just use bin/otrs.Console.pl Help SearchTerm to search for commands similar to SearchTerm.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.plafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run
scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.plonce during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11601 – OTRS 5 – 2fa and password change – error.
- Bug#11511 – Text length for title is cut off after 50 characters.
- Bug#11630 – Localization French (Fran?ais).
- Bug#11320 – Invalid customer user can update password.
- Bug#11633 – When running the Maint::Database::Check before upgrading a confusing message appears.
- Bug#11572 – Multiple responsive layout issues in AgentTicketCompose.
- Bug#5509 – Wrong umlauts if bounce function is used.
- Bug#11475 – Kernel::System::MailAccount::IMAP->Fetch() could delete unprocessed mails from server.
- Bug#11592 – NotificationArticleType ignored at notification for customer.
- Bug#11632 – TicketNotification, English is not always the default language.
- Bug#9884 – Solution Time counts wrong on daylight time changes.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11586 – Cannot show collapsed view by default if config Ticket::Frontend::ZoomExpand is true.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11194 – Download button for dashboard stats visible even if no permissions for AgentStats exist.
- Bug#10477 – Printing: numbering of article does not equal to the numbering of PDF.
- Bug#11600 – Dynamic Field of type multiselect is not substituted correctly.
- Bug#11340 – Broken value after copying values from DynamicField multiselect to multiselect during process transition action TicketCreate.
- Bug#11625 – Daemon tasks error messages does not show the task name.
- Bug#11492 – Stats do not honor the Ticket::Service::KeepChildren parameter.
- Bug#11595 – Infinite notification loop caused by ArticleCustomerNotification.
- Bug#11350 – Translation for string Created not working at Dashboard widget.
- Bug#11269 – Admin Service: empty value for description field shows as () below the form field.
- Bug#11468 – Using SVG images for Agent and Customer logo requires additional CSS.
- Bug#11616 – _DBGroupRoleGet will return incorrect permissions.
- Bug#11348 – Error handling in AgentTicketForward.
- Bug#11565 – New article notification(star) and entry created for agent that creates the ticket.
- Bug#11558 – Empty Agent preferences tooltip in AdminNotificationEvent.
- Bug#11613 – Migrating the system to OTRS 5 fails in otrs.DBUpdate.pl, Add Email notification method to all event based notifications.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_3/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.