April 05, 2016 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 9th patch level release of OTRS 5.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#11957 – Inform agents not working, the agent who is different to owner not received notification.
- Bug#11836 – Pending date selection impossible due ACL limitation.
- Bug#11956 – locked tickets for invalid users are not shown in support data collector.
- Bug#11954 – Can’t handle double quotes as option value in modernized InputFields, thanks to Thorsten Eckel.
- Bug#11944 – Inline images possible although image functionality is disabled.
- Bug#11067 – Using a filter breaks the role – agent allocation in the admin interface.
- Bug#11952 – Generic Interface – TicketUpdate operation – DynamicFields not possible empty value.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11560 – Error for connection to cloud on OTRS in a network which outbound access is blocked.
- Bug#11811 – Error processing mail with incorrectly encoded emoticons.
- Bug#11939 – Ticket move permission problem.
- Bug#11894 – Notification to agents with write permissions ignores user roles.
- Bug#11930 – Error 500 when searching string that ends with “” in AdminCustomerUser.
- Bug#11937 – Error opening PackageManager.
- Bug#11528 – Group Name like ‘test::Support::1st Line’ is not possible to use for group restrictions.
- Bug#11324 – OTRS webservices TicketGet operation returns always all articles.
- Bug#10117 – Filter in queue view for customer userID shows only customers from given backend.
- Bug#7301 – Customer can reply to merged tickets, wrong ticket will be reopened.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_9/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: