March 28, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 18th patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Improved backup.pl to really only dump the database if -t dbonly is specified.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12716(PR#1667) – Activity dialog causes an Error in the customer interface. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12684(PR#1659) – The format buttons are missing from the stacked area chart on the dashboard if the language is not English. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12683(PR#1651) – There is a difference between the key and content display in the Events Ticket Calendar. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12695(PR#1657) – Collapse/Expand event does not work after submit table configuration (e.g. Linked) in !AgentTicketZoom. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12611(PR#1656) – Dropdown fields in large overview not modernized. Thanks to S7!
- Fixed: Net::SSLGlue issues warnings on modern systems.
- Bug#12676(PR#1645) – Ticket delete slows exponentially with dynamic fields. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12571 – Missing column descriptions in External backends.
- Bug#12679(PR#1644) – Customer Menu can be clicked through in a certain instance. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12685 – Typos in !TicketSearch operation in WSDL.
- Bug#12601 – Customer information translation is not consequent in new ticket view.
- Bug#12569 – Missing explanation users (with visual impairments) in the ‘Preferences’ page.
- Bug#12602 – The error message during editing the process ticket appears in English.
- Bug#12678 – !DynamicField Date and !DateTime only have the default values for 10 years in past and 1 year in future for the search.
- Bug#12600 – The speech bubble (alternative text) is missing for New Article column on the Dashboard widgets.
- Bug#12624 – !AgentTicketSearch gets broken with very long search templates.
- Bug#12663(PR#1642) – !AgentTicketZoom does not jump to the first unread article when it’s not on the first page. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12677 – OTRS breaks with DBD::mysql 4.042.
- Bug#12669(PR#1641) – !ToolBar icon ‘Ticket in my Services’ is shown without access to tickets. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12657(PR#1640) – Search result different on !DynamicFields if DB is case sensitive. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12565 – The translation is missing in the setting belonging to dynamic fields on the Generic Agent edit view.
- Bug#12661(PR#1639) – In overview views, wrong dates are displayed in the Created column. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#12665 – The search button in the main navigation is not visible sometimes.
- Bug#12273 – ACLs do not work if referencing on DF with value 0.
- Follow-up for Bug#12443 – Activity dialog doesn’t check process status before submit.
- Bug#11880 – !TicketSolutionResponseTime – No Values when Solution Time it NOT in use.
- Bug#12659 – Process editor freezes when “No data found” element is dragged on canvas.
- Bug#12253 – Stats per Customer User not possible.
- Bug#12585 – Samples are not translated in the search view of a text type dynamic field.
- Bug#12554 – The change of !FirstnameLastnameOrder does not affect !QueueView.
- Bug#12648 – User cache is beeing deleted every time a user logins and LDAP sync causes a user update.
- Bug#9729(PR#1631) – An article body may be replaced with attachments in !AgentTicketZoom. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#4640(PR#1635) – Wrong variable <OTRS_CUSTOMER_REALNAME> in Auto Responses. Thanks to S7!
- Bug#8657(PR#1634) – !PasswordMinSize returns %s instead of a minimum size in the !AgentPreferences. Thanks to S7!
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_18/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: