July 18, 2017 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the 21st patch level release of OTRS 5s.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5 and following versions.
- Updated translations, thanks to all translators.
- Removed the config option ‘SessionActiveTime’ and use from now the ‘SessionMaxIdleTime’ for the session limit.
Important for Upgrading
- From a previous version of OTRS 5:
- Make sure you run bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise, the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Patch Level 2 or earlier, please run scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.pl once during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from OTRS 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
- Background information: “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in OTRS 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades.
- From OTRS 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Bug#12918 – Wrong ticket escalation solution time notification.
- Bug#12930 – Dynamic field headers are not translated in the Small overview.
- Bug#12931 – Notification of escalated tickets is not displayed in service view.
- Bug#12881 – Cache FileStorable race conditions provokes “Magic number checking on storable string failed” messages.
- Bug#12671 – ACL to restrict Status based on InputFields (TicketProperties) not working as expected.
- Bug#12904 – Ticket::Frontend::CustomerSearchAutoComplete used in CustomerTicketProcess but not in SysConfig available.
- Reverted fix for Bug#7811 – GenericAgent Search produces inconsistent results.
- Bug#12865 – Send empty Mail reply without Quote.
- Bug#12891 – Article Forward creates a wrong Time Stamp in Mail View.
- Bug#12883 – From parameter in URL for preallocation of a customer not working if customer user name is contained in customer ID.
- Bug#12108 – Kernel::System::EmailParser not fully functional in Entity-Mode.
- Bug#10683 – Custom column order in dashboard gets mixed after changing the “shown tickets” value.
- Bug#12560 – Search DynamicField or Condition.
- Bug#9731 – Reply screen uses only email instead of full customer details.
- Bug#12817 – “Reply to note” action throws pop up error message in Article Time Line view.
- Bug#12820 – Problem paste or upload image on CustomerTicketMessage and CustomerTicketZoom.
- Bug#12892 – CreatedBy-User: No real name in an overview.
- Bug#12703 – dynamic list and dynamic matrix interpret agent/user Userfirstname.
- Bug#12829 – Scheduler Daemon sends mail account password in plain text via E-mail.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#12090 – 2-second sleep between email fetching causes bad performance on systems with high email traffic.
- Bug#12885 – Customer User search shows always only one result.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11843 – Notifications tag CUSTOMER_FROM gets replaced by CUSTOMER_REALNAME.
- Bug#11843 – Notifications tag CUSTOMER_FROM gets replaced by CUSTOMER_REALNAME. Thanks to S7.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#11513 – Out of Office is missing in owner drop-down.
- Bug#12781 – AdminCustomerCompany allows only one customer company backend.
- Bug#12742 – IE 11: magnifying glass isn’t visible.
- Bug#12890 – Mask New Mail Ticket – signature frame require a login.
- Bug#12854 – ACL Editor shows wrong values.
- Bug#12824 – AjaxErrorDialog visible when printing Ticket via Browser.
- Bug#12808 – Wrong counting in Dashlets for “Ticket in My Queues”.
- Bug#12816 – GI Ticket operations require time value for Dynamic Fields of type “Date”.
- Bug#11212 – Validity of customer company has no impact in CIC search.
- Bug#10681 – Dynamic Field Creation Default Field Order Error.
- Bug#12752 – Regular expression for dynamic field also affects search.
- Bug#12835 – Wrong Event in History – ProcessManagement Article Field.
- Bug#12862 – Queues don’t update when ACL triggers.
- Follow-up fix for Bug#10691 – No CustomerID shown after TicketCreate (for unknown customers): activate new config setting
PostMaster::NewTicket::AutoAssignCustomerIDForUnknownCustomersby default, restoring old default behavior on incoming emails with unknown customers.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-5_0_21/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: