March 27, 2020 — OTRS Group, the world’s leading provider of the OTRS service management suite, including the fully managed OTRS solution and the ITIL® V3-compliant IT service management software OTRS::ITSM, today announces the first release of the ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5s patch level 42.
Please note that from now on we will only officially support OTRS 6 and following versions for regular maintenance. The last supported version for security fixes is OTRS 5.
Important for Updating
From a previous version of ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuildafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you upgrade from ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5 patch level 2 or earlier, please run
scripts/DBUpdate-to-5.plonce during the upgrade to fix possible issues with dysfunctional notification tags.
- If you upgrade from ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5 Beta 5 or earlier, you should manually update all ticket notifications that are set to be shown in agent preferences. In the ticket notification management admin screen for each notification, scroll down to “Notification Methods” and check the “Send by default” checkbox from the “Email” section on each notification.
Background information “Send by default” is a new feature introduced in ((OTRS)) Community Edition 5 RC1 that adds a new layer of control to administrators to decide if an enabled notification method is used by default or not if an agent has not directly specified this preference. This option is now set by default on new systems or upgrades
- From ((OTRS)) Community Edition 4.x: Please consult our admin manual for detailed instructions.
- Mask user credentials in the SupportBundle.
- Improved random number generator. We added new CPAN dependencies, which should already be present on all systems: Crypt::Random::Source Exporter::Tiny Math::Random::ISAAC Math::Random::Secure Module::Find Moo Types::TypeTiny namespace::clean
- Improved token handling in the LostPassword requests.
- Added a new SysConfig setting ‘DisableLoginAutocomplete’ – when enabled, it disables autocomplete in the login forms. System adds autocomplete=”off” attribute to the login input fields. Note that some browsers ignore it by default (usually it can be changed in the browser configuration).
- Improved From field handling in the Email action screens.
- Bug#14963 – Mails are not signed in compose screens. If an S/MIME certificate is set for signing and encrypting outgoing mails, it is not used for signing in Compose answers. For new Email tickets, E-Mail Outbound and Forward the emails are signed correctly. Furthermore, if “sign and encrypt” is chosen, the mail will only be encrypted, but not signed.
- Bug#14960 – Incorrect language file loading. OTRS loads wrong language files if the user uses a top-level language file like ‘es’ or ‘fr’ where also country variants exist (e. g. “es_MX”) and the user has packages with translation files installed.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at:
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 10
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed about our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/external. You can find the current releases in the section “Download.“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“ link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/external.
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download.
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides worldwide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: