September 24, 2013 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk software and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) software, today announces the first beta release of the FAQ module 2.3.0....
- Added Bahasa Malaysia (ms) translation, thanks to Kenny Cheah!
- Improved Generic Interface PublicFAQGet error messages.
- Removed old not in use setting “FAQ::WYSIWYGEditor”.
- Added ability to insert FAQ text, inline images and attachments into tickets.
- Extended search capabilities in all interfaces.
- Added notification if FAQ Approval is enabled and Approval Queue does not exist in the system.
- Added tree-view for categories.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.2.x:
- Make sure you run <code>bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.pl</code> after the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- Please note that for upgrades from 3.2.0.beta1, an additional database upgrade step is needed (see UPGRADING)!
- From OTRS 3.1.x: Please read the UPGRADING and INSTALL files for detailed instructions.
- Bug# 9256 – Invalid content_type of article approval ticket.
- Bug# 9423 – GI PublicFAQGet Operation: Can’t get Not Approved FAQ Items even if Approval is not required.
- Bug# 9329 – FAQ sort in customer and public front-end doesn’t work correctly.
- Bug# 7345 – Approval link does not work correctly.
- Bug# 6656 – Possibility to copy attachments from an FAQ to a ticket.
- Bug# 4547 – Images in FAQ entries are not pasted into ticket create masks.
- Bug# 9710 – Voting question is missing in Customer Frontend.
- Bug# 8185 – No search option for some essential FAQ attributes.
- Bug# 9250 – Voting mechanism requires two refreshes in customer frontend.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8 (for the agent interface)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 7 (for the customer interface)
- Firefox before version 4
- All versions of Netscape
- OTRS 3.3 supports only UTF-8 as internal character set. Non-UTF-8 installations of OTRS must switch to UTF-8
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: