June 06, 2017 —OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the seventeenth release of OTRS 3.3.
Please note, that from now on we will only officially support versions OTRS 4 and OTRS 5.
- Release name: OTRS 3.3.17
- Release date: June 06, 2017
- Release type: patch level
- Improved SecureMode detection in Installer.
- Bug#12753 – Function “SystemDataGroupGet” has problems with empty values in Oracle.
- Bug#9941 – Articles with multi-byte characters that claim to be UTF-8 will not display in the browser.
- Bug#7961 – Customer search should not return results for internal articles.
- Bug#12391 – Base64 encoded image does not display in the article.
- Bug#12461 – Chrome can not display attached PDF files since 5.0.14.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3_17/CHANGES.md.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.3.x:
- Make sure you run
bin/otrs.RebuildConfig.plafter the upgrade so that the configuration is refreshed. Otherwise the system may not work.
- If you update from OTRS 3.3.6 or earlier, you need to enable a new cronjob that controls the scheduler process. Please copy the file
/opt/otrs/var/cron/scheduler_watchdogand update your crontab with
/opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh start(as “otrs” user, not root).
- Make sure you run
- From OTRS 3.2.x: Please read the UPGRADING.md and INSTALL.md files for detailed instructions.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: