August 27, 2013 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, today announces the first beta release of OTRS Help Desk 3.3.0 Sunrise Beach Ko Lipe....
1. BETTER PRODUCTIVITY
- Dashboard ticket lists and regular ticket overviews can now be filtered by eligible ticket columns, and the shown columns are configurable.
- Ticket medium and preview overviews are now sortable.
- Added a calendar widget for the dashboard that can show tickets as events.
- Added new dashboard widget that shows in a matrix form the number of tickets per state and per queue.
- Agents can now mark important articles.
- A new tree selection widget makes working with tree data (queues, services etc.) much faster and easier.
- Added support to search relative dates ( e.g. more than 1 month ago ) in Date and Date/Time dynamic fields.
- It is now possible to specify templates (previously “standard responses”) also for creation of new tickets and for ticket forwarding.
- The list of available processes can now be filtered by ACLs.
- Added support to initiate processes from Customer Interface.
- In many places text is not shortened any more by a fixed number of characters (“Queue1…”), but instead by available screen estate. This makes it possible to see more information at once.
2. IMPROVED WORKING WITH EXTERNAL SYSTEMS
- OTRS can now use multiple customer company databases, thanks to Cyrille @ belnet-ict.
- OTRS can now automatically store customer user data in ticket dynamic fields for permanent storage in the ticket. This can be useful for reporting.
- OTRS is now able correctly assign incoming emails to existing tickets based on ticket numbers from external systems.
- OTRS can now fetch email also over POP3/TLS connections.
3. IMPROVED INSTALLATION & ADMINISTRATION
- Web Installer now can setup OTRS on PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server databases in addition to MySQL.
- Generic agent jobs can now be executed for configured ticket events.
- The new graphical ACL editor makes ACL editing easier.
- Postmaster filters can now use negated filter conditions, thanks to Renée Bäcker.
- Postmaster filters can now specify relative pending dates and Owner / Responsible for new tickets based on incoming email data.
- Customer and Agent passwords now can be encrypted using the strong bcrypt algorithm, which is better than SHA.
- The toolbar icons now use an icon font which makes it easier to create custom skins with different base colors.
OTRS 3.3 includes many other small bug fixes, performance improvements or new features, some of which were contributed by the community. Please see the CHANGELOG for details.
Important for Upgrading
- From OTRS 3.2.x: Please read the UPGRADING.md and INSTALL.md files for detailed instructions.
- Bug#9644 – External Ticket Number filter does not work with Ticket::SubjectFormat None.
- Bug#7759 – Ticket watcher ToolBar position configuration isn’t applied.
- Bug#5412 – Text fields are sometimes required, sometimes optional.
- Bug#7593 – GroupUserRoleMemberList returns user ID, not role name.
- Bug#7885 – Links of ‘merged’ tickets are not displayed with a ‘line-through’.
- Bug#8629 – number of articles on the ticket.
- Bug#9602 – Dynamic Field sorting in Customer Interface looks broken.
- Bug#8469 – Warning message about max_allowed_packet should be in the Package Manager.
- Bug#5127 – Configurable listing of agent names in stead of hardcoded layout.
- Bug#8588 – DynamicFieldOrderSrtg doesn’t include field name.
- Bug#7805 – Adding an agent requires a password in the frontend which is not neccessary from the backend.
- Bug#5852 – Queue preselection via URL.
- Bug#9051 – Unified field sizes.
- Bug#9597 – Customer company cache data will not be deleted correctly when changing data.
- Bug#9589 – AgentLinkObject does not show TreeView option for linkable ITSMConfigurationManagement objects.
- Bug#9581 – No TreeView for Queues in AdminNotificationEvent.
- Bug#9563 – Dashboard Calendar Floater shows numeric values.
- Bug#9583 – Dynamic Fields of type Date have timestamp in notifications.
- Bug#3436 – PGP attachments not decrypted.
- Re-implemented auto refresh feature for dashboards on a per-widget basis. Widgets now refresh via AJAX instead of reloading the whole screen with meta refresh.
- Bug#9233 – GenericInterface (TicketCreate? and TicketUpdate can’t set a defined CustomerID).
- Bug#6502 – AdminQueueAutoResponse interface changes.
- Fixed incorrect multiline INSERT statements generated by the database drivers.
- Bug#9543 – Log error if empty UserLogin in LostPasswordToken for Agent.
- Bug#9540 – AgentTicketOwner doesn’t activate PreviousOwner if new owner is selected.
- Bug#7201 – Setting Ticket::Frontend::ListType is not respected
- Bug#8200 – GenericAgent Ticket filter escalation times not working.
- Bug#9489 – Setting Ticket::DefaultNextMoveStateType name is confusing and not consistent with similar settings in other screens.
- Bug#9251 – Sending a too large mail doesn’t generate error message.
- Bug#8859 – otrs.AddRole2Group.pl falsely informs a group is added to a role.
- Bug#5759 – Company ID is listed twice in SQL field list.
- Bug#9366 – Order of involved agents in AgentTicketNote is incorrect.
- Bug#8973 – Updating Customer Login looses Service relations.
- Bug#8222 – List of recipients is not well structured.
- Bug#9503 – no connection header in soap responses.
- Bug#8475 – Screen refresh after action not always correct.
- Bug#9486 – Database error by invalid condition with parentheses in TicketSearch, thanks to Norihiro Tanaka!
- Bug#7439 – Installer breaks on dash in database name or database user.
- Bug#9381 – Replaced otrs.cleanup shell script with perl version.
- Bug#4656 – Implement md5sum of message_ID field.
- Bug#9246 – ProcessManagement: TranstionAction error messages not sufficient enough.
- Bug#9376 – Configurable automatic merge subject.
- Bug#9372 – Configurable envelope sender address.
- Bug#9339 – Poor stat generation performance with dynamic fields.
- Bug#8490 – No History record added when changing ticket title.
- Bug#8967 – Can’t use Date or Timestamps in LinkObject.
- Bug#9058 – AgentLinkObject.pm refers to non-existing dtl blocks.
- Bug#7716 – Improve permissions on OTRS files.
- Bug#8962 – RequestObject GetUploadAll Source ‘File’ option is unused and hard-coded to use /tmp.
The detailed ChangeLog can be found at: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3_0_beta1/CHANGES.md.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
- OTRS 3.3 supports only UTF-8 as internal character set. Non-UTF-8 installations of OTRS must switch to UTF-8.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: