September 24, 2013 — OTRS, the world’s leading provider of open source Help Desk software and ITIL® V3 compliant IT Service Management (ITSM) software, today announces the third beta release of OTRS ITSM 3.3.0 Sunrise Beach Ko Lipe....
- Added new user preference setting to define which screen should be shown after adding a workorder.
- Ported code to the OTRS 3.3 framework
- Migrated ITSMCriticality and ITSMImpact values from general catalog to dynamic fields. Renamed ITSM related dynamic fields to nicer names, prefixed with ITSM.
- The toolbar icons now use an icon font which makes it easier to create custom skins with different base colors.
- In ITSMChangeManagement the frontends to create changes / workorders have been splitted in 2 screens each.
One to create a new change / workorder from scratch, and one to create it from a template. (See Bug# 8181)
- OTRS ITSM 3.3 includes many other small bug fixes and improvements.
2. ITSM Incident Problem Management
- Integrated Feature AddOn “OTRSServiceIncidentState” into OTRS ITSM.
- It shows the current incident state of a selected service in the ticket zoom, and in all agent frontends where a service can be selected (can be disabled on a per screen basis).
3. ITSM Configuration Management
- Integrated Feature AddOn “OTRSCIColumns” into OTRS ITSM. This feature makes it possible to configure the shown CI-Attributes individually for each ConfigItem class.
This is possible for the CI-Overview, the CI-Search-Overview and the Linked-CI view in the agent interface.
- Integrated Feature AddOn “OTRSCIAttributeSyntaxCheck” into OTRS ITSM. This feature makes it possible to check the syntax of CI attributes with a regular expression while adding or editing CIs via the agent interface (not while importing CIs with the Import/Export module). CI attributes of the type “Text” and “TextArea”, as well as the CI name can be checked with individual regular expressions.
An individual error message is shown if the attribute does not match the defined pattern.
With this feature it can be enforced that for example a CI attribute must start with “ABC” or must end with a number.
4. ITSM Change Management
- Integrated Feature AddOn “OTRSWorkOrderTimeDependency” into OTRS ITSM. If this feature is enabled and you change the planned end date of a workorder, all following workorders will also be moved accordingly, so that the time differences between the workorders will still be the same.
- Added new feature “WorkOrder Report Attachments” into OTRS ITSM. This feature adds support for attachment uploads in the workorder report screen.
- The frontends to create changes / workorders have been splitted in 2 screens each. One to create a new change / workorder from scratch, and one to create it from a template. (See Bug#8181)
Important for Upgrading
- Please refresh your repository listing via the package manager and choose install/upgrade from the online repository section.
- For installations without internet access, please download the package from our FTP server and install it via the package manager (bundle package installation).
- Bug# 7073 – Condition with same name as an existing condition causes software error.
These browsers are not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer before version 8
- Firefox before version 10
- Safari before version 5
- OTRS 3.3 supports only UTF-8 as internal character set. Non-UTF-8 installations of OTRS must switch to UTF-8.
Download the latest release with your OTRS-ID – Your personal all-round account
- free promotion specials
- free access to our knowledge database to solve problems
- stay informed with our OTRS-Newsletter and manage your newsletter subscription
- contact us more easily and keep track of your requests
If you already have login information to our OTRS-Portal, you also have an OTRS-ID (email-address). Please, log in as usual https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl You can find the current releases in the section “Download“ If your password is not accepted, please use the „Forgot password“-link, so we can send you a new password.
If you do not have an OTRS-ID, you can register for free at https://portal.otrs.com/otrs/customer.pl#Signup
If you don’t want to use the benefits of an OTRS-ID, you may proceed with the Public Download
OTRS Group, the source code owner, provides world-wide enterprise support, consulting and engineering including process design, implementation, customization, application support, and fully managed service.Get professional service and support
Leverage the various OTRS Community sources to get involved: