December 01, 2015 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2015-03
- Date: 2015-11-24
- Severity: 3.7 (LOW)
- Product: FAQ 5.0.x (OTRS 5), FAQ 4.0.x (OTRS 4), FAQ 2.3.x (OTRS 3.3)
- Fixed in: FAQ 5.0.2 (OTRS 5), FAQ 4.0.3 (OTRS 4), FAQ 2.3.4 (OTRS 3.3)
- FULL CVSS v2 VECTOR: (AV:N/AC:L/AU:N/C:N/I:P/A:N/E:U/RL:OF/RC:C/CDP:ND/TD:ND/CR:ND/IR:ND/AR:ND)
- References: CVE-2015-8372
This Advisory covers a vulnerability discovered in the OTRS FAQ package.
Affected by this vulnerability are all releases of FAQ:
- FAQ 2.0.x up to and including 2.0.8
- FAQ 2.1.x up to and including 2.1.5
- FAQ 2.2.x up to and including 2.2.4
- FAQ 2.3.x up to and including 2.3.3
- FAQ 4.0.x up to and including 4.0.2
- FAQ 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.1
This vulnerability is fixed in FAQ 5.0.2, FAQ 4.0.3, and FAQ 2.3.4 and it is recommended to upgrade to one of these versions.
Fixed FAQ releases can be found at:
As a workaround you can deinstall the FAQ package (as admin via the package manager in admin interface). Please note that this will lead to the loss of all FAQ articles stored in the database.
Many thanks to Timo Raabe (BASF) for discovering and reporting this vulnerability.