Security Advisory 2018-10: Security Update for OTRS Framework
November 14, 2018 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: email@example.com
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2018-10
- Date: 2018-11-14
- Title: Data loss during migration
- Severity: n/a
- Product: OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 6.0.14, OTRS 5.0.32
- URL: TBD
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:H/E:U/RL:O/RC:C
- References: n/a
This advisory covers a problem with a data migration discovered in the OTRS framework.
Users updating to OTRS 6.0.13 (also patchlevel updates) or 5.0.31 (only major updates) will experience data loss in their agent preferences table.
Affected by this problem are OTRS 6.0.13 and OTRS 5.0.31 (earlier versions are not affected).
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
As a workaround after a performed migration, users can restore the
user_preferences table from their backup and delete the OTRS cache via
otrs/bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Delete::Cache. If the LDAP Sync module is used, it is sufficient to log in to the system again.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
- OTRS 6: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/8d17d58029efbb0bba25c4208e09e2d320eeb0c3
- OTRS 5: https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/7d3c56d5b9bb38207695dae174dbba89a132e7b9
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.