September 19, 2017 — Please read carefully and check if the version of your OTRS system is affected by this vulnerability.
Please send information regarding vulnerabilities in OTRS to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Security Advisory Details
- ID: OSA-2017-04
- Date: 2017-09-19
- Title: Code Injection / Privilege Escalation OTRS
- Severity: High
- Product: OTRS 6.0.x, OTRS 5.0.x, OTRS 4.0.x, OTRS 3.3.x
- Fixed in: OTRS 6.0.beta2, OTRS 5.0.23, OTRS 4.0.25, OTRS 3.3.18
- FULL CVSS v3 VECTOR: CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:P/RL:O/RC:R
- References: CVE-2017-14635
This advisory covers vulnerabilities discovered in the OTRS framework.
An attacker who is logged into OTRS as an agent with write permissions for statistics can inject arbitrary code into the system. This can lead to serious problems like privilege escalation, data loss, and denial of service.
Affected by this vulnerability are OTRS 6.0.beta1, all releases of OTRS 5.0.x up to and including 5.0.22, OTRS 4.0.x up to and including 4.0.24 and OTRS 3.3.x up to and including 3.3.17.
This vulnerability is fixed in the latest versions of OTRS, and it is recommended to upgrade to the latest patch level.
Fixed releases can be found at:
Detailed information about the changes:
However, to avoid unwanted side effects, we recommend a complete update.
Thanks to Francesco Sirocco for discovering and reporting this issue.